LEARN, SHOP & CHAT ABOUT PLASTIC SURGERY, BEAUTY AND ANTI-AGING
You're here: Home > Message Boards > Plastic Surgery > Eyelid Surgery, Blepharoplasty

Plastic Surgery, Beauty, Skin Care Message Boards & Blogs

Our message boards are for all of us who want to talk, listen, share, and support fellow women and men interested in discussing plastic surgery, beauty treatments, pregnancy, gynecological concerns, aging, and various health conditions. You can read messages without logging in. To post a message, please log in or register. It's free...and being a member gives you access to important information. By using the Message Boards, you agree to the Message Boards Policies.

SUBSCRIBE: Sign up to get newsletter with weekly popular topics discussed on the boards  

Exotic Eye Slanting Surgery.................

Exotic Eye Slanting Surgery.................

Postby AyShawty18 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:59 pm

I am having a surgery to give me more of a slanted eye exotic, oriental look.........sort of egyptian slant type look...................I am young. I am hoping to schedule this surgery for mid April.

Any good tips that anyone could give me?

P.S. There is no specific name for this procedure.

Thank you. :D
AyShawty18

Postby totallygutted » Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:30 am

If you are going ahead with this surgery then I think you will find that your surgeon has a very aggressive bi-lateral canthoplasty awaiting you. This look would not be achieved with a simple canthopexy. In addition to this you need the extra skin to lift in order to create that look. Maybe he has a mid face lift awaiting you – who knows. Sounds odd to me though and I think you need to investigate more before you get on that operating table.

TG
totallygutted

Postby AyShawty18 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:58 am

totallygutted wrote:If you are going ahead with this surgery then I think you will find that your surgeon has a very aggressive bi-lateral canthoplasty awaiting you. This look would not be achieved with a simple canthopexy. In addition to this you need the extra skin to lift in order to create that look. Maybe he has a mid face lift awaiting you – who knows. Sounds odd to me though and I think you need to investigate more before you get on that operating table.

TG

LMAO....Not really. I've done my research and it is nowhere near as invasive as a canthopexy or bi-lateral canthoplasty. Thank you very much.
AyShawty18

Postby totallygutted » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:27 am

AyShawty18 wrote:
totallygutted wrote:If you are going ahead with this surgery then I think you will find that your surgeon has a very aggressive bi-lateral canthoplasty awaiting you. This look would not be achieved with a simple canthopexy. In addition to this you need the extra skin to lift in order to create that look. Maybe he has a mid face lift awaiting you – who knows. Sounds odd to me though and I think you need to investigate more before you get on that operating table.

TG

LMAO....Not really. I've done my research and it is nowhere near as invasive as a canthopexy or bi-lateral canthoplasty. Thank you very much.

lol...

You are indeed most welcome - being as you have done your research then clearly your surgeon will have informed you of the name of the procedure you are having. Please do share - we would all love to hear. In order to give your eyes a slanted look then some form of canthal work would be required.

Best

TG

ps - so you are going to have eyes like this?
http://www.awfulplasticsurgery.com/archives/000351.html

LMAO - Nice!
totallygutted

Products That Customers Interested in This Topic Are Buying

Postby AyShawty18 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:59 am

For some reason, before I even opened up that link, I knew that the picture inside would be one of Jocelyn Wildenstein. LMAO.......

I don't know if you were being sarcastic or not, but her eyes took on that scary shape after numerous radical cosmetic eye surgeries. And she also requested to look like a feline about the eyes. Asians, nor Egyptians who have exotically slanted eyes resemble anything close to an animal of the feline family; to think so would be an insult.

I, on the other hand, am very aware that it may take more than what I have intended upon, b/c honestly, I haven't had a consultation yet. But, I have a clear picture of the extent of the slant that I want. I will have a QUICK exit strategy if the doctor whom I will be consulting with recommends too many procedures to achieve an exotic eye slant.

There are so many different opinions on how to perform this surgery, that I am not sure what to believe. I will gladly go with the opinion of my PS if it sounds resonable. Many Italian women have gotten this procedure, but there has yet to be a term coined for this surgery. I do know that it has and can be done successfully. I am not worried about turning out to be like JW, b/c had she not requested to look like a cat and undergone numerous eye shaping surgeries, amongst other cosmetic procedures, she would not look as scary as she does.

Of course, with ANY surgery there are risks, rare, but they do exist. I, like many others, am willing to take those risks, b/c the pro's certainly outweigh the con's.

I am of mixed descent and I unfortunately did not inherit the exotic features of my siblings. I don't want to look like them, but I do want to be more exotic looking and I would be simply gorgeous with more exotically slanted/Asian/Egyptian eyes. As stated, I do not wish to undergo numerous cosmetic eye procedures like Jocelyn Wildenstein, so I don't have to fret about looking like her.

Do you have any positive tips? I assume that you've undergone some sort of eye surgery.

Please spare me the humor, as I do not find it funny in the slightest.
AyShawty18

Postby totallygutted » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:24 am

Oh...I take it you don't like Jocelyn's eyes then - she seems to like them though!

I’m simply trying to explain to you that in order to elevate the outer corner of your eyes in the way that you have explained, some form of "drastic" canthal tightening along with possible tarsal shortening will be necessary. In addition to this, mid face elevation may also be required.

Frankly any form of canthal work is very invasive and best left for older people who suffer from complaints such as ectropion or post blepharoplasty syndrome etc.

Let us know how you get on with your consultation - I am sure it will be interesting though.

In as much as a "positive" tip - well you asked and this is what I have to say: - Leave well alone and don't allow anyone to perform radical surgery as I am afraid your desires will ultimately involve a rather invasive approach.

I wish you well though.

TG
Last edited by totallygutted on Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:37 am, edited 4 times in total.
totallygutted

Postby totallygutted » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:31 am

AyShawty18 wrote:Of course, with ANY surgery there are risks, rare, but they do exist. I, like many others, am willing to take those risks, b/c the pro's certainly outweigh the con's.

The risks of developing a complication following any form of occuloplastic surgery is not rare and I think you will find the risk with delicate eye surgery is greater than you may wish to believe.

TG
totallygutted

Postby AyShawty18 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:27 pm

I had read through quite a bit of your posts- and though many of them seem like you are being realistic and honest, I get the feeling that by whatever procedure that you had done, you've created this negative outlook on PS, specifically cosmetic eye surgery. Correct me if I am wrong, but your s/n doesn't exactly ring positve and neither do most, if any, of your posts.
I would like to ask you if you work or have some type of experience in the medical field? If so, is this how you obtained such useful sounding information on this procedure? B/c, quite honestly, I could have sworn that two doctors on this forum told me something totally different than what you have pertaining to how this procedure is performed.
As stated, I am aware of the risks of ANY type of surgery, but it seems as if you are shining an absolutely negative, not completely realisitc, light on any type of eye surgery, b/c of your own personal bad experience. You have given away quite a few ill-advised opinions as i've seen.
Just my observation and believe you me, I am very good at those.

However, I am very partial to having this procedure done, as you were with yours. I am even more so partial to going in for my consultation with a CERTIFIED ocuplastic surgeon. Then, I will gladly share how the CERTIFIED ocuplastic surgeon plans on performing the procedure, in which will give me the exotic, Asian/Egyptian eye slant that I desire.
Thank you.
AyShawty18

Postby scarednow » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:25 am

Totallygutted,
I felt very badly for AyShawty18 after reading your response to her. I thought she very maturely and candidly answered your sarcastic response and asked you not to respond with more sarcasm (or "humor" as she put it) and then you did just that. I have been on these boards for many years reading posts and gathering information for my eye surgery and I have never commented on how someone treated someone else, but I just had to say something after reading your exchange.

I think your screen name itself suggests that you are bitter about something. Please don't "gut" others like rotten fish because of your experience.

We are all here to share stories, get advice, commiserate and celebrate together not to receive sarcastic, condescending remarks. If you had a bad experience, I'm very sorry. I know what it's like to go through a bad experience after being a victim of Thermage (or really a victim of my own lack of research for this "new" miracle) and I am now very skeptical about any new procedures, but please, don't beat up others because they are researching something new as AyShawty18 is-- she did research even before her consultation. I do not think that is the behavior of someone blindly going into likely disaster. More like someone investigating a particular procedure and soliciting information from others. I am interesting in what you find out AyShawty. So let me know.
scarednow

Postby totallygutted » Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:33 am

AyShawty18 wrote:I had read through quite a bit of your posts- and though many of them seem like you are being realistic and honest, I get the feeling that by whatever procedure that you had done, you've created this negative outlook on PS, specifically cosmetic eye surgery. Correct me if I am wrong, but your s/n doesn't exactly ring positve and neither do most, if any, of your posts.
I would like to ask you if you work or have some type of experience in the medical field? If so, is this how you obtained such useful sounding information on this procedure? B/c, quite honestly, I could have sworn that two doctors on this forum told me something totally different than what you have pertaining to how this procedure is performed.
As stated, I am aware of the risks of ANY type of surgery, but it seems as if you are shining an absolutely negative, not completely realisitc, light on any type of eye surgery, b/c of your own personal bad experience. You have given away quite a few ill-advised opinions as i've seen.
Just my observation and believe you me, I am very good at those.

However, I am very partial to having this procedure done, as you were with yours. I am even more so partial to going in for my consultation with a CERTIFIED ocuplastic surgeon. Then, I will gladly share how the CERTIFIED ocuplastic surgeon plans on performing the procedure, in which will give me the exotic, Asian/Egyptian eye slant that I desire.
Thank you.

One of the problems with these boards is that people often read into things as they see fit. I posted my first response to you in good faith - you then responded with a trashy Internet phrase of "LMAO" which frankly is rather rude, immature and unnecessary. Hardly a candid response "scarednow".

I have little time time to respond to your astonishing observations or indeed your personal remarks which are frankly unnecessary. You don't know me and therefore please do not make judgements. Unlike you, I don’t have the time or desire to read through your previous posts. In addition to this I don't think my posts have been that objectionable to warrant your latest unkind response.

My intention is to help people as best as I can and warn them of the potential dangers of eyelid surgery. I have helped many people on this board and will not be discouraged by the likes of you. What you are suggesting is radical surgery and most good occuloplastic surgeons would soon rush you out of their offices - period. I have nothing against “PS” per se, and therefore you are wrong to suggest this. However, I feel people need to be informed of all the risks before they make a choice - often the risks will not be fully explained during consultation. I am also aware there are many successful stories and delighted people – that’s great.

I wish you well and hope everything works out for you, but I have to say I am begining to doubt the validity of your story the more I read into it.

TG
totallygutted

Postby AyShawty18 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:26 am

What "good" oculoplastic surgeons are you referring to?
YOU?.........LMAO.
I'd say you need to get paid for doing this board the great justice that you have, wouldn't you agree?

Thank you scarednow.........I am glad that I am not the only one who smells this person's bitterness.

This person is clearly bitter about something and they don't know half as much as they think they know. How this procedure is performed is one of them. My surgeon could be slanting my eyes by stitching them, in which those stitches could be removed. I am just hypothetically speaking of course, but I can give you list of at least 100 "good" surgeons who would perform this surgery on me.

Speaking of good, totallygutted, is there anything GOOD that you would like to say? I am still amazed and appalled at your extensive "knowledge" of this procedure. The information that you gave me wasn't of common sense, so please enlighten me as to where you received all of this "good", informative know all from? I would be absolutely delighted to know.

By the way, if are on this board to "help" ppl and inform them of the dangers of eye surgery- which I am well aware of- why is it that your pictures are PW required for viewing? I'd certainly like to see those pictures. Could you possibly PM me the PW? You know, to share your experience????

What is the harm of going in for a simple consultation? Radical or not; does this mean that this surgery is impossible to perform w/o some type of error? Is this what you're implying?

P.S. Totallgutted, I don't know where you got your information from, but it is not that accurate.

P.P.S. Scarednow, I will be glad to share. I am very excited about this procedure. I am precautious, excited, hesistant, as anyone would be about PS, but I will go to my consultation and I will personally PM you, if that is okay, giving you all the details. I don't mean to be vain, but I just want this exotic/asian/egyptian slant. Caucasian women get this done. I am part Asian, why can't I? Honestly, I just truly, really want this. Many women want this, b/c I am pm'd about it ALL of the time. Thank you for your kind words.
AyShawty18

Postby totallygutted » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:01 pm

AyShawty18 wrote:What "good" oculoplastic surgeons are you referring to?
YOU?.........LMAO.
I'd say you need to get paid for doing this board the great justice that you have, wouldn't you agree?

I have just about had enough of you. I have taken the liberty of reading through your past posts and clearly you are a naïve, irrational and silly 18 year old girl who frankly should be out having a good time with friends rather than worrying about your desires to have elevated lower eyelids. In addition to this you also have a most unpleasant manner. I dread to think how you have been raised.

I have also gleaned from your posts that clearly you are suffering from body dysmorphic disorder. Here is a link for you to follow – I think it will help you.

http://www.thebddfoundation.org.

At your tender age of 18 I doubt if you would find an occuloplastic surgeon who would even consider operating on you – most good and ethical surgeons would soon sniff you out and recommend therapy as an alternative. In fact many would not even give you the time of day, you silly girl. However, there are many rogues who would see you coming and would be very keen to make a quick buck out of you.

Frankly if I was your parent I would be appalled at what you are considering and very worried for you.

I am considerably older than you and have had many more life experiences. Grow up and if anything get yourself a nice boyfriend instead of wasting your time considering radical cosmetic eyelid surgery.

There is an old English saying my dear – and you are full of it.

Now go away, get some friends and stop wasting peoples time with trashy posts.

TG
totallygutted

Postby AyShawty18 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:35 pm

Trashy? Immature? I'm young, yet, you're the one who has resorted to hitting below the belt by implying that I wasn't raised properly. Are you kidding me? I am no longer 18 hun, i'm 19. As i've said, I can name at least 100 good doctors who would perform this procedure on me. Maybe not you, as of your old age, but me? I have no pre-existing medical conditions that would hinder me from being a candidate for PS. I often find, that when people are put in their place, they make age a factor. My age has nothing to do with this thread, my question that was asked or your lack of being able to give an appropriate answer w/o the sarcasm. It is you, who should do an assessment of your mental capacity or lack thereof.
There is a saying my fair lady and it most definitely applies to you- Act your age, not your shoe size and it quite clear that you have quite a bit of maturing to do, mentally.

I wouldn't be using my parents money for this procedure, as I am a hard-working young woman who has acquired quite a bit of success, as well as money at an early age; thank you very much.

And, back to the doctors who will not operate on someone of my age; true, there are many doctors who will not, b/c they either don't know how to perform type of surgery or they do not have experience with performing cosmetic surgery on young patients. It has nothing to do with the risks of this procedure. If this is the case, no one would be operated upon. I've done my research; yes, this silly, young girl has done her research and I have found numerous doctors who have performed eye surgeries amongst others on young adults. I made sure to find someone who has performed this type of surgery on young people.

No matter how much you doubt my credibility or my intelligence, it still doesn't take away the fact that you are obviously bitter about something and want everyone else to suffer b/c of it. You have gone beyond and above "helping" someone by warning them of the dangers of surgery. You have outright resorted to infantile name calling and harrasment, not to mention shining the light on the bad and not the good. Realistic? I don't think so. You've been negative and I have righteously called you out on all of your negativity. Your bitterness is so strong that I can smell it through my computer. How about the PW to those pictures of your disastrous eye surgery? I would love to see those.

You are no expert. Your knowledge, while sarcastic and bittersweet, is no longer needed, though some, not all, of it was appreciated. Andu nlike you, I refuse to be desperate enough to grab for straws and begin with the insults. I will have you know, that I will proceed with my consultation with various, experienced, accredited, "good" doctors who have done eye surgery, radical or not, on young adults. And, I assure you that I have quite a few on the list. If you ever need a recommendation, just drop me a private message; i'd be glad to refer you. =]

Thank you.

P.S. You can say what you want, but there are doctors out there who have never done eye PS on a young adult and don't have the experience. There are other's who perform eye PS on many young adults and are very well experienced.

Good day lady.
AyShawty18

Postby Suzanna » Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:10 pm

I didn't read all of your posting completely but I felt the need to agree with Totallygutted. Whatever you are hoping for, you'd better do your homework. To my knowledge the only surgery that could achieve what you want is a canthoplasty. Good luck with that.. you seem to have a very cavalier attitude toward the whole thing and seem to dismiss the knowledge of Totallygutted. I mean, you haven't even consulted with a doctor yet. There really IS no other surgery other than a cantho and you'd better hope your eyes turn out to look like eachother... I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss those of us on the board who have been around a while. In fact I think I asked for slanted, exotic eyes myself. I didn't get anything like that... The term LMAO is crass if you ask me and has no place in a serious discussion of eye surgery....

Suzanna
Suzanna

Postby Suzanna » Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:18 pm

By the way, haven't we ALL held our fingers up to our eyes and pulled outward and upward and thought "oh, if only I could look like THAT!". Unfortunately it doesn't work that way. If it does for you,,,awesome. Please share pictures and you can prove us wrong. I'm sure people will be lining up at their PS's office if that is the case. Sorry, but your smug attitude toward TG really bothered me. I am never one to pick an argument, but it touched a nerve the way you spoke to her...

Suz
Suzanna

Products That Customers Interested in This Topic Are Buying

Next

Return to Eyelid Surgery, Blepharoplasty

Featured Specialists

Top Cleveland Plastic Surgeon
Look Young Again!
Experienced & Compassionate
www.DrBramKaufman.com

Miami Plastic Surgery
Board Certified Surgeons