LEARN, SHOP & CHAT ABOUT PLASTIC SURGERY, BEAUTY AND ANTI-AGING
You're here: Home > Message Boards > Plastic Surgery > Buttocks Augmentation, Lift, Buttock Implants

Plastic Surgery, Beauty, Skin Care Message Boards & Blogs

Our message boards are for all of us who want to talk, listen, share, and support fellow women and men interested in discussing plastic surgery, beauty treatments, pregnancy, gynecological concerns, aging, and various health conditions. You can read messages without logging in. To post a message, please log in or register. It's free...and being a member gives you access to important information. By using the Message Boards, you agree to the Message Boards Policies.

SUBSCRIBE: Sign up to get newsletter with weekly popular topics discussed on the boards  

Anyone take Pueraria Mirifica?

Anyone take Pueraria Mirifica?

Postby samsara1214 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:38 pm

I'm taking pueraria mirifica now for a little extra curviness. I've been on it for a week and I'm already seeing results. I started out taking the Phytogen pills made by Solgar but then heard about the Ultimate spray by Ainterol. That spray is amazing. It's pricey though. I got the fancy version that costs $60. It made my breasts grow the first time I used it. I hope it has the same effect on my butt/hips. Because it's an estrogenic herb (root, actually), it makes your breasts/butt/hips grow but not your stomach. Testosterone is the hormone that causes people to gain more fat on the stomach and PM doesn't boost testosterone.

So far, I'm happy with the results so I wanted to let you ladies know and ask if anyone else has taken it with good effects. BUT I also wanted to let you know to use it with caution if you try it. It's a very powerful natural phytoestrogen. Phytoestrogens prevent breast, ovarian and uterine cancers when taken in reasonable doses, but pueraria mirifica is so powerful that it could put you in danger of getting those cancers if you take too much, because it would overload the body with estrogen. It's working great for me, but I'm going to get my hormones tested every three months, and I asked my doctor about it first. Taken in reasonable doses, it has TONS of good health effects. I think the Solgar Phytogen is pretty good, but I'm more impressed by the Ainterol Ultimate spray. Has anyone had great results with a different product? If so, I'd love to hear about it.

Also, my gyn told me that hormones are better absorbed through the skin because if you take a pill a lot of the effects are destroyed by stomach acid and the liver, so if you try it you may want to try a cream or spray. However, my doctor says it doesn't matter where you rub it, so long as you apply it to thin skinned areas of the body where the substance can be absorbed. Just because you rub it on your butt doesn't mean the fat will definitely grow there. It might go to your breasts or (just warning you) thighs, depending on your genetics.

Here are some good sites if you want to read about it, but be careful because there are a lot of hacker sites that come up when you search for pueraria mirifica. Be sure you have good anti-virus software if you're going to do searches for it. I do, and a bunch of them came up big red X don't go there. Here are some that my Norton said were safe:
http://www.puresterol.com/
http://www.puerariamirifica.com/puerari ... rifica.htm

And here are tons of articles and studies on the root done by a very well respected doctor:

http://gordonresearch.com/search.html?q ... =UTF-8#937

These sites often mention that PM causes breast growth, but whenever breasts are growing you know butt/hips are affected too, because it's an estrogenic effect. Which area will grow more depends on your genetics.

Once again, though, talk to your doctor first if you're thinking of using it, and if you get the green light, don't use too much. Also, women under age 22 probably shouldn't use it regardless, from what I've read. Their hormone systems are still forming and shouldn't be messed with. :)

One last thing: I've read some people have taken pueraria lobatium (I think that's how it's spelled) which is a similar plant but doesn't do the same thing, and they weren't impressed. If you try PM, be sure it's pueraria mirifica, not the other kind and be careful of ordering from random companies. I think there are some scammers out there selling poor product. I know Solgar is a good and reputable vitamin company, and now that I've also tried Ainterol with good results I can vouch for them too. If anyone else has tried a different company with good results, please let me know. Thank you!
samsara1214

Re: Anyone take Pueraria Mirifica?

Postby samsara1214 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:46 pm

I should add that it may be working so well for me because I added dimethyl isosorbide which is a strong cosmetic-grade penetration enhancer. I make my own cosmetics and use it in my serums and moisturizers and it makes them easily twice as effective so I thought it would work on the PM too. It's a little scary how well it's working. I may start using a little less. One slight criticism I have of Ainterol (the company I bought from) is that they don't list dosage for their spray. They tell you how many capsules to take, but nothing about the spray an since it's absorbed through the skin that's important. Still, it's working for me. We'll see if the effects add up to inches.
samsara1214

Postby ~*~Cleopatra~*~ » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:45 pm

Hey Sam :D

Do you have pics of your progress?
~*~Cleopatra~*~

Postby miss_pretty718 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:59 pm

Hey sam, thanks for all the info! This was really interesting and I'm glad this has been working for you. Since you said you found it's not good for ladies under 22 and I'm 21 (1/2way towards 22) I'm going to have to do some more of my own mini research to see if this is a good idea for me to take but either way thanks for posting this! :D I highly doubt I would of found out about this on my own. The only phytoestrogen I had heard of was maca prior to now. If you have any, I too would love to see some progress pics too :)
Still trying to grow my $$$ so looks like sx will be at a later undetermined date, but it's ok, just gotta keep thinking of my future curvy waist and phat ass! ;-D
miss_pretty718

Products That Customers Interested in This Topic Are Buying

Postby samsara1214 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:03 pm

Hi Ladies,

I'm only a week into using the PM, but I'm still seeing changes every day.I should mention that I'm taking maca at the same time so it's hard to tell what's causing the changes. I learned another thing about pueraria from Ainterol (one of the most reputable companies that sells PM) forums and my doctor. He said that if I buy their liquid extract instead of the capsules it will absorb better and I'll get more benefit from the product. Anything that goes through your stomach and gets processed by the liver loses some of its effectiveness but anything you hold under your tongue (not just in your mouth but under the tongue where the membrane is thinnest) goes directly into your bloodstream so you get the full benefit. I've heard the stuff tastes HORRIBLE but I'm going to try it anyways and will let you know what i think. If it's bad enough I'll just take the capsules. In the meantime I'm using their Ultimate spray which gets absorbed through the skin. Again, I was pretty shocked when my breasts firmed up after using it just once, and it's done the same to my butt.

I'll start a new photo album soon and give you guys my password. I also have my current measurements so I can check periodically and make sure I'm not just imagining growth.

Another thing PM is reputed to do and which I've noticed, is make your skin prettier and your face look more feminine. I think my cheeks look softer and my lips are more full after just a week. The product boosts your estrogen, so I guess it makes sense that it would have these effects. However, though it's a natural phytoestrogen, if you take too much I've heard it can stop your period like birth control (synthetic estrogen) does and take away your sex drive, so probably best to take it slow and steady and not overdo it.

Also, I talked to my doctor about the "no women under 22 should use it" and he said that while that's probably true of xenoestrogens (synthetic estrogens) it's probably ok for young women to take phytoestrogens like PM.

I just wanted to be sure to put in some cautionary info, because while this is working for me, it's strong stuff and I don't want anyone to take too much and get negative effects. If your doctor says its ok, it's probably fine. :)
samsara1214

Postby chocogirl » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:01 am

Hi Samsara!do you have any progress with PM?I am 25years old and thinking of getting it for naturally bigger breasts.I am confused about the right dose though.Some say 1mg?kg ,some suggest 300mg a day and others 1000mgs a day to see results.I was also wondering if it can cause cancer.
chocogirl

Postby samsara1214 » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:23 am

Hi Chocogirl,

I'm still taking the pueraria every day and I LOVE it! It makes my skin glow and my eyes look bright; probably because it contains natural (not synthetic) estrogens. It is a very powerful phytoestrogen so my doctor and the company that makes it told me not to ever use more than the daily dose or it can make you more likely to get female cancers like breast or uterine cancer. Women with estrogen levels that are too high are more likely to get those...not that they definitely will...they're just more likely to, though their genetic background and lifestyle has an effect too.

I take the liquid pueraria from Ainterol, vs pills, because my doctor says anything that goes through your digestive system will be weakened. Digestive juices destroy the effectiveness of a lot of supplements. However, if you use the spray on thin-skinned areas of the body (backs of knees, inner arm, inner thighs) it absorbs well, and also if you put it under your tongue and hold it there for a count of 100, way at the back with your head tilted back, it absorbs directly into the bloodstream because the membrane at the root of the tongue (sounds gross I know!) is so thin and liquid supplements absorb well from there. I don't mind the taste anymore. It's not that bad. They also sell pills for people who just can't stand the taste.

Ainterol says never to take more than 100mg per day, so I follow the instruction closely. My breasts have definitely grown,even though I've been trying to grow my hips! I think where you'll grow the fat (butt vs hips) is mainly genetic and has nothing to do with where you spray it. After all, those female areas grow anyways even when you take it by mouth. If you use the spray, my doctor says it only matters that you spray it on thin-skinned areas so it can absorb better. Good luck to you!
samsara1214

Postby samsara1214 » Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:20 pm

Hi Ladies,

I have an update. When I started taking this stuff on 9/24/11 my measurements were:

41'' breasts
29.75'' waist
35'' at the top of my hip bones
44'' butt at the widest point

Now it's 11/6/11 and my measurements are:

42'' breasts (I have to buy new bras! I can't breathe now in my old ones!)
30.75'' waist (sad about this one, that's 1'' larger than before)
35.5 at top of hip bones (I really wanted to grow more there)
45'' butt at widest point (that's an increase of a full inch)

Now...to be fair, I'm also taking maca which a lot of women take to grow their breasts and booty so it's hard to say if the maca or pueraria mirifica are doing more. Many woman take both at once because pueraria raises estrogen and maca promotes hormone balance which helps ensure you won't become estrogen dominent, which could cause problems.

Also, and this is a big factor--I am packing in the potatoes and honey trying to gain weight before my round 2 with Campos in December. Campos tells patients they can try to gain a little if they're really skinny (I was) but not to gain too much, which is good advice. Also, I'm only eating healthy fats like olive and grape seed oil...not fast food, no refined sugars or chemicals and I cook all my food from scratch--nothing processed, so, I don't feel I'm endangering myself by gaining a little.

So, while I can't credit my 1'' booty growth completely to the pueraria (ncreased carb consumption or maca could be contributing to the increase in inches) I must say, before I started taking pueraria and maca, if I gained weight it would've gone to by stomach almost entirely. Instead, it has added on fairly evenly. Campos will lipo my stomach to harvest fat for my round 2 grafting, so I'll lose what I've gained there, but I hope that even if I lose weight when I go back to my lower carb diet, that I will keep some of the fat that I've gained on my breasts and butt.

So, net net, taking estrogen/progesterone boosting herbs has helped me to gain more fat on feminine areas than I otherwise would have. It didn't stop me from gaining anything on my stomach, but it did prevent me from gaining all of it there, so that's promising.

I'll keep posting data as it develops. You're supposed to take pueraria and maca for 6 months before considering your results. it can take awhile for the effects to fully manifest. Sadly, my data is going to be skewed because I'm getting fg just 2 months and 3 weeks after starting the herbs. However, even in this short period of time, I've seen results that tell me the herbs are working for me.

BTW- I feel much better when I take the pueraria and maca together. I didn't for a full month and my results and my mood and energy levels weren't as good as when I take them together. I get my maca from the Vitamin Shoppe. You can order online if you don't have one in your area. Other brands are probably fine too, but don't buy uncooked maca! Whole Foods sells that in powder form and it can give people indigestion. My maca from the Vitamin Shoppe says "For Men" but that's dumb of them because its equally good for women. It balances hormones in general whether you're male or female because it's an adaptogenic herb, and that's what they do. :) So if you see it and it says "For Men" disregard that. One more caution; it can raise sex drive slightly in men and women. That doesn't happen for everyone. Some people just get more energy. I noticed it a little, but not to a crazy degree. Mostly I just don't have to drink caffeine anymore to stay awake and I don't get tired anymore in the afternoons.
samsara1214

Postby chocogirl » Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:23 am

Samsara I am really worried about PM causing cancer to uterus and breasts.I want so much to increase my breast size naturally and feel more feminine but I don t want to risk my health or my fertility since I am only 25 years old and don t have any kids yet.
Another thing that worries me is that you have to take it for long to maintain the results and this makes it more dangerous.Moreover I am afraid that the safe dose may not be enough to see breast enlargement.You say that you ve already seen results but you have full breasts to start with so it s easier for you to grow.I m really flat.. :(

would it be safer if I used PM topically?but do you think I could see results just by using a local product?
chocogirl

Postby chocogirl » Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:15 pm

I would also like to ask you how does maca work..it s the first time I hear about it.Is it a good idea to take both ?Won't this mess the hormones?and I don t want a bigger butt..I t would be wise as you say to check your hormones ,do a liver cleanse after 3 months and ultrasound of the uterus once a year.Under those circumstances I guess it could be a good idea to try it.

Did your doctor tell you if the results are just temporary?is it like birth control that after you stop it ,you go back to square 1?

how much of the liquid do you get everyday and how many times?I understand that it is faster and better absorbed by the small vessels under tongue.I tried to find at the ainterol site the quantity of miroestrol in each drop of extract but without success.Do you have any idea?

After some research I found that pueraraprem is really potent because it contains really good quality PM .I guess I ll try that at the lowest recommended dose.
http://www.puerariamirificabuteasuperba.com/

It s good that you saw results with Solgar because the dose is really low and not suggested for breast enlargement .

do you think that the spray can contribute as much as the oral treatment?because I ve read somewhere that topical treatments don t have such good effects,just temporary swelling.It was really clever that you added dimethyl isosorbide to increase absorption.I just did a research about it,I didn t have a clue!you seem to know a lot of stuff and the fact that you ask you doctor before you do anything makes me feel that I can trust you!

thank you and sorry for asking you so many questions!
chocogirl

Postby annj1965 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:22 am

I find it appalling that Solgar is advertising on its label that they are selling a standardized version of Pueraria Mirifica "pueresteol." How pathetically lame.
You would think a large supplement company would have more pride instead of
being shameless. The reality with the method they are using you still need
miroestrol to validate it. They don't have miroestrol and may never will! Reality check they really hope they guessed right. That's it hope they guessed right. I guess it's just the arrogance of being a big a company and no one to regulate what they are advertising. Hate excessive regulations but stuff like this invites it.

ann
annj1965

Postby annj1965 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:40 am

Hi Ann

Many companies like Solgar buy from a supplier. I read on the internet
they buy from Bio-botanica, they do not test pueraria mirifica themselves.
They depend on their relationship with their supplier. I agree with you,
people in the "know" understand their method indeed needs to be validated
with actual miroestrol..........they don't have any, your right probably never
will. One day some one will sue Solgar and they will sue Bio-botanica.

Who looses the consumer .....college try doesn't count Solar.
annj1965

Postby vivi34 » Wed May 01, 2013 4:20 am

Hey everyone,
I just bought Ainterol pure-d 500r1 100x500mg puerica mirifica pills, had one after breakfast. My main goal is to loose a little bit of fat and grow breasts. How often should I take it? Should I take one or two pills? I am also on birth control pills, I weight 123lbs, I'm 20 years old. When should I expect to see results?
Thank you very much, hope to hear from you soon.
Best wishes!
vivi34

Postby Mishy. » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:04 am

Hello,

Questions for Steve & Ann

Are you saying that the PM from Solgar does not contain Miroestrol?
The info on their weibsite shows it does...Standardized Pueraria mirifica Root Extract (Thai Kudzu)
(† Miroestrol 16 mcg, Isoflavonoids 16 mcg) - as per ingredients listed on website.

So I am somewhat confused.. Are you able to recommend a good brand?
I emailed Smith Naturals (I guess they are the manufacturers?) They've told me that in Canada I could purchase their Purestrol from Solgar (PM Phytogen Complex). I also asked them if they are familiar with Ainterol and Siriporn, two other companies I was considering and I was told by someone at Smith Nat that "Anterol is not Pueraria mirifica and has a growing history of problems."

Last year I purchased some PM tincture extract from an herbal shop near me, without having done all this research into it, so I do not know the quality, source, potency..except that it was organic. I do believe I noticed a difference, over all felt more feminine. So, with that being said, does it really make a difference where I get my PM, I thought this time I should try a reputable company...but I am very confused at this point on who to go with.

If anyone has some tips I'd greatly appreciate it :)

Thank you
Mishy.

Postby anugoon » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:05 pm

Mishy. wrote:Hello,

Questions for Steve & Ann

Are you saying that the PM from Solgar does not contain Miroestrol?
The info on their weibsite shows it does...Standardized Pueraria mirifica Root Extract (Thai Kudzu)
(† Miroestrol 16 mcg, Isoflavonoids 16 mcg) - as per ingredients listed on website.

So I am somewhat confused.. Are you able to recommend a good brand?
I emailed Smith Naturals (I guess they are the manufacturers?) They've told me that in Canada I could purchase their Purestrol from Solgar (PM Phytogen Complex). I also asked them if they are familiar with Ainterol and Siriporn, two other companies I was considering and I was told by someone at Smith Nat that "Anterol is not Pueraria mirifica and has a growing history of problems."

Last year I purchased some PM tincture extract from an herbal shop near me, without having done all this research into it, so I do not know the quality, source, potency..except that it was organic. I do believe I noticed a difference, over all felt more feminine. So, with that being said, does it really make a difference where I get my PM, I thought this time I should try a reputable company...but I am very confused at this point on who to go with.

If anyone has some tips I'd greatly appreciate it :)

Thank you
samsara1214 wrote:I'm taking pueraria mirifica now for a little extra curviness. I've been on it for a week and I'm already seeing results. I started out taking the Phytogen pills made by Solgar but then heard about the Ultimate spray by Ainterol. That spray is amazing. It's pricey though. I got the fancy version that costs $60. It made my breasts grow the first time I used it. I hope it has the same effect on my butt/hips. Because it's an estrogenic herb (root, actually), it makes your breasts/butt/hips grow but not your stomach. Testosterone is the hormone that causes people to gain more fat on the stomach and PM doesn't boost testosterone.

So far, I'm happy with the results so I wanted to let you ladies know and ask if anyone else has taken it with good effects. BUT I also wanted to let you know to use it with caution if you try it. It's a very powerful natural phytoestrogen. Phytoestrogens prevent breast, ovarian and uterine cancers when taken in reasonable doses, but pueraria mirifica is so powerful that it could put you in danger of getting those cancers if you take too much, because it would overload the body with estrogen. It's working great for me, but I'm going to get my hormones tested every three months, and I asked my doctor about it first. Taken in reasonable doses, it has TONS of good health effects. I think the Solgar Phytogen is pretty good, but I'm more impressed by the Ainterol Ultimate spray. Has anyone had great results with a different product? If so, I'd love to hear about it.

Also, my gyn told me that hormones are better absorbed through the skin because if you take a pill a lot of the effects are destroyed by stomach acid and the liver, so if you try it you may want to try a cream or spray. However, my doctor says it doesn't matter where you rub it, so long as you apply it to thin skinned areas of the body where the substance can be absorbed. Just because you rub it on your butt doesn't mean the fat will definitely grow there. It might go to your breasts or (just warning you) thighs, depending on your genetics.

Here are some good sites if you want to read about it, but be careful because there are a lot of hacker sites that come up when you search for pueraria mirifica. Be sure you have good anti-virus software if you're going to do searches for it. I do, and a bunch of them came up big red X don't go there. Here are some that my Norton said were safe:
http://www.puresterol.com/

And here are tons of articles and studies on the root done by a very well respected doctor:

http://gordonresearch.com/search.html?q ... =UTF-8#937

These sites often mention that PM causes breast growth, but whenever breasts are growing you know butt/hips are affected too, because it's an estrogenic effect. Which area will grow more depends on your genetics.

WHAT IS PUERARIA MIRIFICA?
WHY DIFFERENT BRANDS OFFERS DIFFERENT RESULTS?
Pueraria Mirifica is the botanical name of a root of a WILD herb growing in specific regions of Thailand and it is original of this area. I am a Thailand's producer of the RAW material extracted from those roots. Only a more than 10 years aged root, contains the ideal content of Miroestrol, and not all the companies selling products made with this herb are using the right source or strength. Many laboratories, for cost reasons, or wrong source for the raw material, are producing bad quality Pueraria Mirifica products. One of my clients is Smith Naturals.... smithnat...and its CEO, Dr. Sandy Schwartz, is committed in produce the best possible product.

Once again, though, talk to your doctor first if you're thinking of using it, and if you get the green light, don't use too much. Also, women under age 22 probably shouldn't use it regardless, from what I've read. Their hormone systems are still forming and shouldn't be messed with. :)

One last thing: I've read some people have taken pueraria lobatium (I think that's how it's spelled) which is a similar plant but doesn't do the same thing, and they weren't impressed. If you try PM, be sure it's pueraria mirifica, not the other kind and be careful of ordering from random companies. I think there are some scammers out there selling poor product. I know Solgar is a good and reputable vitamin company, and now that I've also tried Ainterol with good results I can vouch for them too. If anyone else has tried a different company with good results, please let me know. Thank you!
anugoon

Products That Customers Interested in This Topic Are Buying

Next

Return to Buttocks Augmentation, Lift, Buttock Implants

Featured Specialists

Top Cleveland Plastic Surgeon
Look Young Again!
Experienced & Compassionate
www.DrBramKaufman.com

Miami Plastic Surgery
Board Certified Surgeons
Breast Augmentation $2800