LEARN, SHOP & CHAT ABOUT PLASTIC SURGERY, BEAUTY AND ANTI-AGING
You're here: Home > Message Boards > Plastic Surgery > Buttocks Augmentation, Lift, Buttock Implants

Plastic Surgery, Beauty, Skin Care Message Boards & Blogs

Our message boards are for all of us who want to talk, listen, share, and support fellow women and men interested in discussing plastic surgery, beauty treatments, pregnancy, gynecological concerns, aging, and various health conditions. You can read messages without logging in. To post a message, please log in or register. It's free...and being a member gives you access to important information. By using the Message Boards, you agree to the Message Boards Policies.

SUBSCRIBE: Sign up to get newsletter with weekly popular topics discussed on the boards  

Can't Even Trust Doctors

Can't Even Trust Doctors

Postby Telly30 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:22 pm

Hi Ladies,
I have been considering PMMA injections. I went to have them done Feb. 24th with Dr. Liebano. My girlfriend was having her surgery with Campos the same day so we went together... When we got to the Lucerna, she left to go to Campos & went to meet Dr. Liebano at his Tijuana location. He was very welcoming he & his assistant & professional in appearance. The office was clean & nice too. He took my pictures & I lied on the table, booty exposed ready for the injections. I saw the bottle of PMMA that he would be using on him...His assistant let me see it & i read the ingredients...his product contained PMMA & silicone. It was not pure PMMA. I got up & told him I did not want silcione in my butt. He said it had very little silicone...sed to deliver the PMMA. From my reserach I know PMMA does not need silicone as a carrier. He tried to convince me that is was okay & safe...& asked me about Hopeful...me seeing her results & that she was okay....I had told Hopeful I was going so she expected me there & was going to call & check on me... I called Hopeful while being there & she googled the the ingredient on the bottle bc it was not in English, but German- the medical word for silicone...but I knew it said silicone because it was close to the spelling for the spanish medical word for silicone...I've researched. So I got in contact with Hopeful & she pulled it up while I was waiting & sure enough it was silicone...I mean he admitted by this time anyway....Hopeful told me to leave, I planned on leaving anyway...He asked to speak with her...So she told him I was leaving that silcione was dangerous...SHE DIDN'T EVEN KNOW THAT WAS WHAT HE INJECTED HER WITH.....She trusted him as a doctor to be have integrity & care about his patients health & life. Patient's shouldn't have to go as far as to read & evaluate their doctor's medication, substances they inject, or equipment. For the most part we don't even know what we are looking for or understand it. I just happen to be lucky & read enough material to know the medical term for silicone... It's very long word... I'll post it later. the average person though would not have known...It is no telling how many people Dr. Liebano has injected that think they have pure PMMA...Majority of his product is silicone if not ALL silicone.

I went to Dr. Casavantes the next day. At this point I'm thinking I don't even know how real PMMA looks & if I was to ever try to get it done again, I want to know how it really looks, & does it look similar to silicone. Dr. Casavantes was able to help me....I told him of my expereince & he gave me an ear full too much to write, but I'll post the most important. First off silicone is an oil...it shakes like babyoil.....PMMA is like like a gel clear...kinda light in color...sorta of like the color of neosporin a bit...but it's definitely not shaky like baby oil...& runny. Dr. Liebano product was just like baby oil, you vcan shake up & done...that's why I say majority was silicone if not all.......& this is the reason why his prices for PMMA is so cheap because he is not injecting with pure PMMA.

Another doctor, is Dr. Janho...in Marietta, GA...Same thing when you read his consent forms for the PMMA it says it has medical grade silicone in it....

It's crazy how we already blab not to to go underground for these injections, go to a doctor...who will do it safely & you can go back to their offices...etc... Now you can't even do that unless you throughly investigate the doctor & his product. Dr. Liebano is very popular in Mexico City, he is reputable, known for his buttock augmmentation. He does GREAT WORK. His pictures inperson are even better. Even Dr. Casavantes knows him & says he does great work produces a nice results....but again he uses silicone, a product that migrates & causes problems for some...

I felt bad for Hopeful because I had to be the one to break it to her after she put her trust in this doctor. The only thing that is kind of assuring is since he does inject in the muscle & the muscle closes up...chances of it migrating in her are very slim or none. Injecting in the muscle helps the silicone not migrate & that's probably reason why majority of his patients have not had complaints & have not had a reason to go the hospital....

There are definitely some legitament docs & clinics out here that have real PMMA. & PMMA is getting this bad rep b/c of crazy things mixed with it like silicone.... Do your research & know what is being injected in you...as you see some doctors can give a shit...it's all about making a buck.... If wanted silicone....why pay $2500 for Dr. Liebano or $3500 for doctor Janho...when you can get cheaper.....might as well go underground or blackmarket...sickening that they are doing this to people...& admit to it AFTER YOU ASK...first they just claim PMMA. If you don't ask what's in it or to see the label...you won't know at all...walking around thinking you have PMMA when you are full of silicone... then refer the same doc to family & friends & women here on the board......TERRIBLE. Luckily nobody here on the board that we know of actually went to Dr. Liebano...so Hopeful is happy that did not happen b/c she feels it would have definitely been on her conscience b/c she introduced him to the board....she is very upset but has to deal with the decision she made... Dr. Liebano should be ashamed of himself for misleading people & all docs like him....
Telly30

Re: Can't Even Trust Doctors

Postby rednyc » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:33 pm

WOW thank you for your post Telly....so did you go ahead with Casavantes? If so, how was it? Are you happy? How much does he charge for the PMMA? One more - does he have a website?

Once again, information and research is KEY. Thanks for the heads-up.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
rednyc

Postby SV310 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:38 pm

thank you telly for the info . this will help people out alot . im glad you looked at the bottle and shook . hopeful i am so sorry you have deal with this .
SV310

Postby Telly30 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:38 pm

rednyc wrote:WOW thank you for your post Telly....so did you go ahead with Casavantes? If so, how was it? Are you happy? How much does he charge for the PMMA? One more - does he have a website?

Once again, information and research is KEY. Thanks for the heads-up.

No Dr. Casavantes was $6000 for 400cc... Couldn't afford that... I read this article on PMMA, & how it was tested in the US by this US doctor...Newplastic, Metacrill & other brands of PMMA, I can't remember...those just stand out. Newplastic came back as the superior product. Dr. Casavantes told me about the article...so I searched for it when I got home...The article also mentions that a sample of CE PMMA was requested to be tested but they would not let them test their Precise or whatver it is called...& we all know CE makes their own PMMA. Doesn't mean it's bad...Dr. Casavantes did say he worked for CE & they do have true PMMA, but he does not know their carrier for it. But CE wil tell you if you had silicone or hydrogel injections they will not even inject you with their PMMA because the products don't mix...& it's risky to them.

In the article other Doctors were mentioned that did PMMA & the methods they used... (I wish I would have saved the link..) The othere doctors mentioned was Dr. Everardo Garza... I spoke to him...he charges $4000/400cc. He's in Monterey, Mexico. He use to work for CE too, but he uses Newplastic. Dr. Serra was mentioned...Dr. Casavantes & of course Dr. Nacul the maker of Newplastic....The spoke of all the doctors methods & rather any of the doctors had complaints or their patients having complications & the amount of years each doctor has been doing the procedure, how often & what area of expertise & their backgrounds.....Ummm... Dr. Rosa also does PMMA but I don't know what brand he has....

Dr. Liebano had Biomet, I'll post the ingredients so at least when anyone else ventures to do PMMA..you'll know what it should NOT have....Pure PMMA. & of course still do you own research...If it were not from Jazzy.... I probably wouldn't have been extra cautious myself when I went to Dr. Liebano. It's funny because when talking about Dr. Liebano in earlier post somebody did list the ingredients in Biomet...but none of us knew it meant silicone...
Telly30

Products That Customers Interested in This Topic Are Buying

Postby constancecutie » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:00 pm

In the article other Doctors were mentioned that did PMMA & the methods they used... (I wish I would have saved the link..) The othere doctors mentioned was Dr. Everardo Garza... I spoke to him...he charges $4000/400cc. He's in Monterey, Mexico.

WoW! Very informative Telly30. The $4000/400 cc, is that 400cc per cheek??
constancecutie

Postby Telly30 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:05 pm

Dimetilpolisiloxano (Spanish) Silicone (English)
Metilmetacrilato (spanish) polymethylmethacrylate (English) PMMA

The German spelling is Similar to the Spanish...
Telly30

Postby allwaysyang » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:13 pm

i wonder what does dr Rosas use. anybody?
its finally done and over with
allwaysyang

Postby Telly30 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:32 pm

allwaysyang wrote:i wonder what does dr Rosas use. anybody?

the nurse said she would email me the brand with some pics... I should be happy with my booty, but I just want it a bit bigger...just a little... ***HUSH GETSOME***
Telly30

Postby Telly30 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:36 pm

constancecutie wrote:In the article other Doctors were mentioned that did PMMA & the methods they used... (I wish I would have saved the link..) The othere doctors mentioned was Dr. Everardo Garza... I spoke to him...he charges $4000/400cc. He's in Monterey, Mexico.

WoW! Very informative Telly30. The $4000/400 cc, is that 400cc per cheek??

Dr. Garza is 200cc per cheek for $4000. He said he will not do no more than 200cc at time because he likes to see how your body will react to the product. Plus you own collagen will form & grow...you might not need as much as you think... & you won't know until like a month afterwards...Dr. Casavantes told me the same thing, but he said he doesn't like doing no more than 300cc each cheek at a time.

I'm not the PMMA expert or anything but this is my experience & what I've learned along the way....

In the article it said other than Dr. Garza's skill & expertise his price was more ecomnomical than most that do PMMA. So when talking to Dr. Garza (he speaks English well). I told him about my experience & he told me he gets his PMMA from Brazil, same as Dr. Nacul...Newplastic.... I told him about my friend that was considering it too...he said for us to send our pics & he would also work a discount if we both decided to have it done... & yes so far is is the lowest price...

Dr. Rosa...he has an exclusive package, that includes stay & meals...& it's 250/cc per cheek & she said $5000. Last year I was quoted $4500, but I didn't know that included meals & stay...& ummmm I wonder how long you have to stay anyway..., but I don't know what brand he uses. the nurse says they are good at honoring old quotes though....
Last edited by Telly30 on Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Telly30

Postby Telly30 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:56 pm

pollen wrote:WOW! Telly thank you so much for posting this. I would never consider PMMA but this is an eye opener for the girls who do plan to get it. I am so happy you were able to recognize the medical term for silicon. Thank God you were wise enough to look at the label. Girl I feel soooooo bad for hopeful and others who have had this done to them. I will be sure to keep her in my ts and ps because I am sure she is having a hard time dealing with this. I mean you do your research, prepare mentally and physically, and even choose a certified surgeon with experience all to get screwed over SMDH To be honest with you all I know there are docs that use real pure PMMA. Those docs, like Telly mentioned will usually be more expensive. Docs who are tryning to make a quick buck with something other than pure PMMA will usually be cheap so more people will choose them over a more expensive docs. PMMA is a good concept but like everything good, people will try to cash in on it. Like Telly mentioned, know what PMMA actually looks like. I say this because anything can be written on a bottle and any label can be placed on any bottle. The label can say one thing and the product can be totally different. Just please be careful ladies.

Yeah Pollen...Because Dr. Casavantes also told me this...which I didn't think of.... He said some injectors/doctors are starting to bottle their product in brown glass bottles or dark bottles so that you will not see how the product looks...see that it is clear...see that is is silicone. he was right!!! Dr. Liebano had his product in a brown glass bottle...but you could still see the liquid, good enough, but you really couldn't see the color of it.... I actually held it & was like fiddling with it ...reading the label, the ingredients & the address where it was from.... shook like baby oil or cooking oil....
Some doctor's just do not want to spend the real money on the product themselves.... Dr. Liebano spends $300/bottle on this stuff claiming it to be PMMA. Some formulas even come 30% PMMA 70% silicone...& they'll yell PMMA. So yes read the product, the doctor will just have to understand.

Dr. Casavantes when he showed me his...it was in like syringes...medium size packed individually...I guess that's the packing of Newplastic. Than I saw a picture on the web of PMMA & it looked just like the one Casavantes showed me..He said sometimes it may come in small jars, but not huge bottles...you see that...it's more than likely silicone.
Telly30

Postby allwaysyang » Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:31 pm

if i remember correctly the substance that Ce used on me looked clear and was gel like and i think it came in a thick syringes. so my guess it is pmma. did not read the label though.
its finally done and over with
allwaysyang

Postby Telly30 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:04 pm

allwaysyang wrote:if i remember correctly the substance that Ce used on me looked clear and was gel like and i think it came in a thick syringes. so my guess it is pmma. did not read the label though.

Yeah...it was kinda thick. Dr. Casavantes said nothing bad about CE, he said they use real PMMA. He just said their technique for injecting is different from his...but it didn't mean it was a terrible way. He said it depends on the needle. He said his needle which is verrry.....long like 6-7 inches...is long enough to be inject once in the buttock & than move around the booty cheek like a fan. When the needle isn't that long, 1/2 the size ora lil shorter, you may need more injection sites to get to the other areas to inject the PMMA to have a even distribution of the product. But the needle size like thickness should be thick & consistent with other injectors...not like a regular needle as mentioned in previous post. When the needle is thick..it moves around the veins & arteries...preventing it from being punctured & getting pulmonary embolism ... preventing fat, air, substances from getting in the bloodstream that causes pulmonary embolism....has to be a very thick needle.
Telly30

Postby bootydo » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:10 pm

Excellent post Telly. I'm also so glad that Jazzy's post made you even more inquisitive. Congrats to you =D> =D>

Now, why you are considering PMMA I can't understand because you're already a certified banger. But, I guess you want what you want. :)
bootydo

Postby Randy44 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:32 pm

Telly30 wrote:Dimetilpolisiloxano (Spanish) Silicone (English)

I have had PMMA injected by Casavantes, I feel I can be reasonably sure he injects the PMMA he says he injects because he charges enough money for the injections to make a substantial profit without needing to make substitutions. Some of the prices that I have seen quoted on the this have board struck me as unbelievable based upon what I know about how much PMMA micro-spheres costs in bulk. I just assumed that these doctors were injecting 'watered down' PMMA, or were just injecting less that what was being paid for.

Based upon what has been posted here recently about Liebano, I would say that it was improper for him to mislead people about what he was injecting. BUT,
"Dimetilpolisiloaxano" is not "Silicone"... see link http://mymemory.translated.net/t/Spanis ... lisiloxano It contains the element Si (Silicone), just like common sand (SiO2) contains the element Silicone, but it is not at all chemically similar to liquid silicone formulations that are injected into lips, etc.. I used to be a chemical engineer and I am fairly familiar with siloxane compounds. They are solids at room temperature and have been used as medical implants for decades. Most likely the polysiloxane in the bottle you saw was formed into a micro-sphere just like PMMA, such as is described in this patent application... http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/58012 ... ption.html
Randy44

Postby Telly30 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:43 am

Randy44 wrote:
Telly30 wrote:Dimetilpolisiloxano (Spanish) Silicone (English)

I have had PMMA injected by Casavantes, I feel I can be reasonably sure he injects the PMMA he says he injects because he charges enough money for the injections to make a substantial profit without needing to make substitutions. Some of the prices that I have seen quoted on the this have board struck me as unbelievable based upon what I know about how much PMMA micro-spheres costs in bulk. I just assumed that these doctors were injecting 'watered down' PMMA, or were just injecting less that what was being paid for.

Based upon what has been posted here recently about Liebano, I would say that it was improper for him to mislead people about what he was injecting. BUT,
"Dimetilpolisiloaxano" is not "Silicone"... see link http://mymemory.translated.net/t/Spanis ... lisiloxano It contains the element Si (Silicone), just like common sand (SiO2) contains the element Silicone, but it is not at all chemically similar to liquid silicone formulations that are injected into lips, etc.. I used to be a chemical engineer and I am fairly familiar with siloxane compounds. They are solids at room temperature and have been used as medical implants for decades. Most likely the polysiloxane in the bottle you saw was formed into a micro-sphere just like PMMA, such as is described in this patent application... http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/58012 ... ption.html

Oh well...I don't know because I'm not a chemical engineer, nor was I ever good in science...lol so you're probably right...IDK But what I do know is this when I asked Dr. Liebano after reading the label, he admitted that it did have silicone in it himself...he did not deny it. He said just a little, but it did not matter to me...he didn't even know what percentage, he couldn't say. & from everything that I have gathered from other places that do PMMA, what he had was majority silicone b/c PMMA is not liquidy & oily like that. I also read this article a while back when learning about the word Dimetilpolisiloaxano.....It said that the product contained this ingredient & it was causing problems & complications with patients that had been injected with it. It said the make up was silicone..They say even with the BIOGEL, it had that ingredient mixed with PMMA...& the ingredient was eliminated because of the problems associated with it. The new BIOGEL active ingredient is now just PMMA- now called Biogel Body... (Ladies most those blackmarket injectors are still using the old Biogel formula so be careful) I'm not good at remembering where I read this stuff at because at the time I was doing research for myself...trying to make a decision rather to get PMMA...So I have read so many things...& came across so many sites... Don't take my word for it do your own research.... Hell I maybe wrong or have a different understanding. & when the day is over my decision will be my decision....though other may have help influence my decision, I can care less what a person says...I still do my own resreach & foot work...& I advise anybody else to do the same.

Now...I didn't post this because Dr. Casavantes shared alot of helpful info for my sake...even though he knew I could not afford him, he just wanted me to be informed while doing my search.... I gave Dr. Casavantes the list of ingredients & he just shook his head... When I said Dr. Casavantes knew Dr. Liebano personally, he had met Dr. Liebano & Dr. Liebano has done 2 people he know. The last person...was when he actually met Dr. Liebano...for the price Liebano was charging this person decided to go to him instead of Dr. Casavantes....Dr. Casavantes had told her that he didn't feel it was a good idea because it seemed strange especially for that price. The person said...well give her a sign if he feels something isn't right after seeing the product & the tool, etc. Dr. Casavantes said Dr. Liebano pulled out these huge brown bottles full oil...(same one I saw). He said he tried to give the person/his friend a warning sign....but she did not listen & she proceeded with the injections. He said for days...they could not use the office because so much oil was on the floor & it was hard to get it up....He said himself, that it is not pure PMMA, but silicone. Then when you search Biomet, the brand it says PVMA..... I don't know what that stands for though...

Oh & Randy44 , you're right a doctor did mention some doctor's prices are lower because their PMMA maybe diluted so they say it's a good idea to ask them the pecentage of PMMA that's in the product. Ummmm...Dr. Nacul Newplastic has 3 concentrations itself. But then there are the places that dilute it but still jack up their prices & you wonder why most of your results have gone done.....it maybe because it didn't contain much PMMA. So I was told to ask that questions too...
Telly30

Products That Customers Interested in This Topic Are Buying

Next

Return to Buttocks Augmentation, Lift, Buttock Implants

Featured Specialists

Top Cleveland Plastic Surgeon
Look Young Again!
Experienced & Compassionate
www.DrBramKaufman.com

Miami Plastic Surgery
Board Certified Surgeons
Breast Augmentation $2800