LEARN, SHOP & CHAT ABOUT PLASTIC SURGERY, BEAUTY AND ANTI-AGING
You're here: Home > Message Boards > Plastic Surgery > Buttocks Augmentation, Lift, Buttock Implants

Plastic Surgery, Beauty, Skin Care Message Boards & Blogs

Our message boards are for all of us who want to talk, listen, share, and support fellow women and men interested in discussing plastic surgery, beauty treatments, pregnancy, gynecological concerns, aging, and various health conditions. You can read messages without logging in. To post a message, please log in or register. It's free...and being a member gives you access to important information. By using the Message Boards, you agree to the Message Boards Policies.

SUBSCRIBE: Sign up to get newsletter with weekly popular topics discussed on the boards  

CONSIDERING PMMA INJECTIONS?

Re: CONSIDERING PMMA INJECTIONS?

Postby rebecaliv » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:09 pm

I'VE BEEN READING EVERYTHING ABOUT PMMA CAREFULLY SINCE 2006 AND I WONDER ...
1. CLINICA ESTETICA IS BEEN USING THE 'PRECISE' FORMULA FOR AT LEAST 4 YEARS NOW. SPY9DOC CLAIMES THAT THE REASON WHY THEY KEEP THE CONTENT OF PRECISE SECRET IS BECAUSE THEY'RE WAITING FOR THE PATENT TO GET APPROVED JUST TO MAKE SURE THAT OTHER CLINICS WON'T STEAL THEIR AMAZING FORMULA. WELL, I THINK THIS IS B S COUSE 4 YEARS IS MORE THAN ENOUGH TO OBTAIN A PATENT.
2. IF THIS PRECISE FORMULA IS SO GOOD WHY DR. CASAVANTES DOES'NT USE IT SINCE HE WAS TRAINED WITH IT AND WAS FIRST WORKING FOR CLINICA ESTETICA. C E IS NOT SURE OF THE PRODUCT PATENT YET (FOR 4 YEARS NOW) SO ANY DOC THAT KNOWS THE FORMULA CAN LEGALLY USE IT IN MEXICO. IT'S SIMPLE. DR CASAVANTES DOES NOT USE PRECISE BECAUSE HE NO LONGER BELIEVES IN IT.
DR CASAVANTES SURE KNOWS THE FORMULA SINCE A SO CLAIMED SIMPLE CLIENT spy9doc GOT TO SEE IT. HE SIMPLY DOES NOT USE IT BECAUSE HE HAS SEEN THE SIDE EFFECTS OF IT.
3. AND THIS spy9doc THAT U ALL TRUST ON HERE IS BEEN ONLY PROMOTING ONE SINGLE CLINIC AND ONE SINGLE DOCTOR. OF COURSE SHE COULD NOT DENY THAT THERE ARE GOOD PMMA DOCS IN BRASIL. SHE'S SMART ENOUGH TO KNOW THAT WOULD'VE BEEN RIDICULOUS OF HER TO SAY SINCE WE ALL KNOW THAT BRAZILIAN BUT AUGMENTATION STARTED IN BRAZIL. BUT... ATTENTION PLEASE....... WHEN SOMEONE ASKED HER TO RECOMAND A DOC IN BRAZIL BECAUSE THE PERSON ACTUALLY LIVED IN BRASIL AND COULD'NT COME TO MEXICO , YOU KNOW WHAT SHE DID? ..... SHE SENT A PRIVATE REPLY BY EMAIL. SHE SIMPLY ONLY MENTIONS DR MORALES AND CLINICA ESTETICA TJ. I'M NOT SAYING THEY'RE BAD, JUST THAT I WOULD BE SUSPICIOUS ABOUT MISS SPY9DOC. I THINK SHE'S BEEN PAYED TO DO THIS.
DO'NT KNOW WHAT TO SAY ABOUT PMMA. I TOO AM LOOKING FOR AN ANSWER AND I WANTED BADLY.
JUST MAKE SURE THAT YOU DO'NT GET FOOLED BY SOME MONEY HUNGRY PEOPLE THAT SELF PROMOTE. I WANDER IF SPY9DOC IS NOT THE OWNER OF THE CLINIC'ESTETICA. THAT WOULD MAKE A LOT OF SENSE BECAUSE I DO'NT THINK THAT A SIMPLE CLIENT WOULD PUT SO MUCH EFFORT INTO IT(LOOK AT THE AMOUNT OF PAGES SHE TYPED) IF IT WOULD'NT BEEN TO HER ADVANTAGE. I THINK YOUR MONEY GOES INTO HER POCKET. JUST MAKE SURE U STAY SAFE COUSE GREEDY PEOPLE USUALLY DO'NT CARE ABOUT OUR SAFETY.
WISH BEST OF LUCK TO U ALL.
rebecaliv

Postby coffee1975 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:44 pm

rebecaliv wrote:I'VE BEEN READING EVERYTHING ABOUT PMMA CAREFULLY SINCE 2006 AND I WONDER ...
1. CLINICA ESTETICA IS BEEN USING THE 'PRECISE' FORMULA FOR AT LEAST 4 YEARS NOW. SPY9DOC CLAIMES THAT THE REASON WHY THEY KEEP THE CONTENT OF PRECISE SECRET IS BECAUSE THEY'RE WAITING FOR THE PATENT TO GET APPROVED JUST TO MAKE SURE THAT OTHER CLINICS WON'T STEAL THEIR AMAZING FORMULA. WELL, I THINK THIS IS B S COUSE 4 YEARS IS MORE THAN ENOUGH TO OBTAIN A PATENT.

Hi Rebecaliv,

I don't know much about spydoc -- though I've read her posts too. I agree, she very aggressively promotes the clinic.

However, I wrote in and earlier post, I've had Clinic'Estetica brand Percise PMMA for four years now with very good results. Patents/formulas/rivalries aside, I just want to vouch that their product works as promised.

I'm sure there are more similarities than differences between the various varieties of PMMA out there. I mean, I guess the difference is the carrier solution and the size of the PMMA particles. When I first went to the clinic several years ago, I think the idea was that their "Preciser/Percise" brand of PMMA would give a similar plump at the moment of injection to what finally develops after a few weeks. I don't know if they still promote this idea or not. But, again, the product does work.

More than the branded PMMA, I go back to them because I really trust Dr. Morales' eye and experience, and to be honest, for me that's far more important (and maybe more more of a personal judgement call).

I'm sure there are other great doctors / clinics out there - and if you find any doctor/product combination that works for you, I think that's awesome.
coffee1975

Postby beautyfan » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:30 pm

Hi Rebeccaliv,

I have been a patient of Dr. Casavantes since April 2007. Throught that year I was in touch via email with spy9doc to compare notes and share our experiences with PMMA for buttock augmentation.

Spy9doc had several successful treatments at Clinic Estetica and she promoted the clinic,but she is not the owner.
The owner's name is Anna Love. While I never met spy9doc, her experience was real, she went through it, and she did so at a time when few people outside the HIV+ community ventured into Mexico to try this option. That took courage, I know because I did the same, albeit with a different doctor.

I do not have Precise in my body, but the product has been safely used by thousands of people. If you have done research, you are probably familiar with thebody.com and Poz Health Group. Both sites have extensive accounts of patients who have various quantities of the product in their face and buttocks. On this note, nobody really knows the long term effects of high volume PMMA because it simply has not been used as a high volume filler for more than a few years.

Like coffee1975, I found a doctor I trust and I stick with him because I do not want to risk problems injecting a different substance in my body. So far, I have been lucky but there are no guarantees I won't have problems five or ten years from now. Look at what happened to the people who had Bioalcamid.

Ultimately, PMMA for cosmetic improvement is a business no different than other cosmetic surgery procedures.
Many doctors promote their boob jobs and so forth. The difference here is that you are taking great risks because PMMA has not been tested for long term safety. This is why we have to travel outside of the USA to get it, and this is why it is essential you gather as much information as possible before you make a decision.

Good luck!
beautyfan

Postby hopeful2 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:49 pm

Hi rebecaliv.
I don't know much about clinica estetica or what they are using now or did in the past, just have a faint idea... Anyway, I just wanted to tell you and others that since Alejandra Guzman's case (there is information posted in this board about her) broke out in the media, authorities in Mexico are supposed to regulate very strictly from now on the substances doctors are using in their clinics and they are going to demand that only qualified doctors are able to inject patients. All these is been happening at the Senate level even as we speak, so people in Mexico cannot get away with using secret formulas and what not anymore. We hope soon those laws are passed by the Senate immediately or they have been already approved, I really don't know but I would be surprised if they haven't because Guzman's case made such an scandal all throughout Mexico.
Anyway, your doctor now has an obligation to tell you what the name of the solution is or formula they are using or what exactly they are using if you ask.
hopeful2

Products That Customers Interested in This Topic Are Buying

Postby butterpecanr » Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:28 am

AND THIS spy9doc THAT U ALL TRUST ON HERE IS BEEN ONLY PROMOTING ONE SINGLE CLINIC AND ONE SINGLE DOCTOR.

I'M NOT SAYING THEY'RE BAD, JUST THAT I WOULD BE SUSPICIOUS ABOUT MISS SPY9DOC. I THINK SHE'S BEEN PAYED TO DO THIS.

JUST MAKE SURE THAT YOU DO'NT GET FOOLED BY SOME MONEY HUNGRY PEOPLE THAT SELF PROMOTE. I WANDER IF SPY9DOC IS NOT THE OWNER OF THE CLINIC'ESTETICA. THAT WOULD MAKE A LOT OF SENSE BECAUSE I DO'NT THINK THAT A SIMPLE CLIENT WOULD PUT SO MUCH EFFORT INTO IT(LOOK AT THE AMOUNT OF PAGES SHE TYPED) IF IT WOULD'NT BEEN TO HER ADVANTAGE. I THINK YOUR MONEY GOES INTO HER POCKET. JUST MAKE SURE U STAY SAFE COUSE GREEDY PEOPLE USUALLY DO'NT CARE ABOUT OUR SAFETY.
WISH BEST OF LUCK TO U ALL.

and i thought i was the only one thought this too [-X
sounds highly suspect to me.
butterpecanr

Postby bachi » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:20 am

People have sent PMs to me stating they don't want to go to CE because they think Spydoc is paid to be a spammer for them. I also read about some doctorscomplaining about how some doctors have their office promote them on cosmetic surgery support sites. It is just suspicious how Spydoc puts down anyone who has any bad comments to say about CE. She takes it too personally like she is the owner.
bachi

Postby butterpecanr » Mon Dec 28, 2009 7:23 pm

It seems spy9doc has not been posting on this forum. I was hoping she would pitch in on the latest PMMA posts but she has been absent. Anyone knows why?

cause she is "on to the next one". thank God this women-spy or whoever has been finally seen for what it is.
butterpecanr

Postby steveeann » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:14 pm

I would just like to say I am a 50 yo woman who has no ulterior motive and has had pmma at CE twice before (in my face that was becoming gaunt with age) in March of 09 and July of 09. I will be getting pmma once again in just two weeks at CE with Dr Morales who is exceptionally skilled. Everyone at this clinic is so very nice! I have talked to the owner Anna Love once before my second procedure and met her also when she took the time to come in and say hello to me. Everyone is extremely helpful and the office is very sterile and clean. I did not get as much pmma injected the first time (with our bodies reacting more the first time) as I did the second time or will this third time to help fill in areas that are needed but I will tell you I have tried every filler in the world and was just so tired of being injected twice a year with something that did not last long term. As far as spydoc before and after my first and second procedure she was right there to answer any questions I had here on the boards or in regular email and has been nothing but honest and forthright with me from helping me find a place to stay while in Tijuana to where to shop for groceries while I healed. She is definitely not receiving any money from CE and just truly believes in this amazing product that has not been able to be brought into the US. Like she has told all of us from the start we just need to do our own research and reach in our hearts to decide what is best for each of us individually and go from there. I just thought it was time someone saw that a midwest girl who just was tired of fillers and just wanted to try something more permanent (70% takes approx I have been told) has been treated by these kind women at this clinic. And believe me I was definitley scared to go to MX the first time but it has been nothing but safe from the van that picks you up at your hotel or the airport and gets you to the clinic and back thru customs and to the airport or whereever you are staying. Spydoc has only been considerate and nice to me personally asking my many (to many at times!) questions and I am extremely grateful to her for the time she has given to just me alone in helping me in the past.
steveeann

Postby hopeful2 » Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:51 pm

Hi Steveann
I might be interested on pmma for the face one day, but I have not seen any before / after pics of anybody here in MMH and of somebody that
could tell us about the long term effects, even if it's only one or two years.
I am a bit scared of permanent fillers for the face. I mean, you can hide unevenness ( some women say they appear with pmma on the butt) but
not your face, plus I have also read that with time, your face changes and even more for women who are going through menopause
due to hormonal imbalance and loss of fat in their faces; therefore, the placement of pmma could migrate to other parts in your face.
These are my concerns.
It would be nice if someone here would share pics of their faces injected with pmma or testimonies or long term effects.
hopeful2

Postby barbarareborn » Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:06 pm

I just returned to get treatment for PMMA irregularities from Dr. Jonathan Hoenig. Apparently word had spread about his ability to address problems with Precise.
I was told, "If it makes you feel any better we have seen several cases worse than yours."

Many cosmetic procedures involve risks. Certainly, PMMA is far from the exception that someone would have you believe..While I do not doubt there are people who are happy with their PMMA outcomes I KNOW there have been many complications. I cannot forget mine because there are nodules on my face. Sometimes these are itchy, sometimes mildly irritating.

I wish the best for those who choose to take the risk and receive PMMA in Mexico. However, I think those who make this decision must be aware of possible risks and be prepared for spending time and money if a desirable outcome is not achieved.
barbarareborn

Postby steveeann » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:02 pm

Hi hopeful. I only really took pics shortly after the second round of pmma in my face when I was terribly bruised (I bruise easy) and swollen so have nothing to share with you honestly. Plus only a few people that I trust know I have had it done as most are so critical it seems of certain plastic surgeries yet alone ones that are over the "border". I can feel the pmma only in a few spots (my sunken cheeks area that came with aging) but overall I can feel none of it and only see a fuller face. I don't know the long term effects I must say but maybe at 50 I am not so concerned as someone that went for it in their 30's and 40's. I am having a third round of pmma (also botox which I had for the first time there with Dr Morales last July as it is so much cheaper then the states) tomorrow. I flew in today and tomorrow after the procedure have to hide out a good 4-5 days with the swelling (staying in San Diego this time) and bruising. I take arnica/bromelain and sinecch but I still seem to bruise way easier then alot of people probably because of my fair skin and blue eyes as they say. I will say that maybe 50% has taken on me vs the 70% I have heard of the filler in regards to being permanent, but even with that said I am willing to try it again as I am told how much younger I look normally anyway but I did have laser resurfacing for my first cosmetic surgery in the states back in 03 which really was a benefit to me. I will have her inject more this time (price is 1000$ if one is getting more then 8cc after the 1500$ first time cost for the pmma) then last. I am sorry barbarareborn you had nodules that developed from the precise at CE I assume. My lips were actually the best area that took well with the pmma and I have been pleased overall with it. I don't think I will go back although unless I need a touch up or see my face aging again, but hopefully I won't have to go back to twice a year fillers here in the US again.
steveeann

Postby barbarareborn » Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:42 pm

First of I think it is good that some people are getting pleasing results. I am willing to email photos of my complications to anyone interested.

I do not know whether Dr. Gongora uses PMMA I know Dr. Fuentes thinks that it is dangerous and does not. At least I know he said that to at least two others...
barbarareborn

Postby barbarareborn » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:52 pm

The "doctor" who started this thread is an Acupuncturist and Chiropractor .She is not a traditional medical doctors. Having studied Chinese Medicine for three years I an not surprised an acupuncturist does something like use PMMA. An Acupuncturist promoting PMMA is like an MD telling people it is safe to smoke. Both practices are the antithesis of the fundamental knowlegde of their fields

Still, I agree that not ALL doctors are opposed to cosmetic fillers. Most cosmetic practitioners accept Hyrolaunic fillers, as Perlane, Restylane, Juvenderm. Radiesse and Sculptra are also less controversial. In the US some doctors will use PMMA in the form of Artecoll but only in very small amounts. Others still refrain from using it in any amount.
barbarareborn

Postby Randy44 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:06 am

Having studied Chinese Medicine for three years I an not surprised an acupuncturist does something like use PMMA. An Acupuncturist promoting PMMA is like an MD telling people it is safe to smoke.

Not that any of this matters to the point I made, but since we are off on this tangent, those two sentences contradict each other, I'm not sure of the point you were trying to make. And not that her education has influenced my opinion on PMMA, but how is it that you know she is a Chiropractor and not an MD, and why is it that I have not seen a reference to that previously in this thread, and why is it that you are the first person to mention this six months after she stopped posting? I have not read every thread she had written on PMMA, but I would think that her critics would have mentioned her Doctor of Chiropractic status a dozen or so times.
Randy44

Postby barbarareborn » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:19 am

Her medical practice is mentioned on other boards that she posts, among them Plasticsurgeryjourneys I checked the licensing boards on two states where she is known to have lived I saw nothing in California. Though her name could not be found in licensed medical doctors in either state I did find her name as a licensed Chiropractor and Acupuncturist.

I am not clear what you do not understand or the contraction...Briefly, one of the fundamental tenets of Chinese medicine is the healthy flow of qi and blood. In lieu of the the body's response to a foreign, unnatural object Qi and Blood stagnation is created. In large amounts

I can go into more depths later if it matters...

I have full respect for both professions she practices however. I too am in health care and a hypocrite for a reckles quest of vanity. The difference is that I do not promote it.

The odd thing is that I wish the best outcome for people who decide to take the risk of using PMMA. I personally respect the doctors who offer it. I just want those making a decision to hear that risks exists.
barbarareborn

Products That Customers Interested in This Topic Are Buying

PreviousNext

Return to Buttocks Augmentation, Lift, Buttock Implants

Featured Specialists

Top Cleveland Plastic Surgeon
Look Young Again!
Experienced & Compassionate
www.DrBramKaufman.com

Miami Plastic Surgery
Board Certified Surgeons
Breast Augmentation $2800