LEARN, SHOP & CHAT ABOUT PLASTIC SURGERY, BEAUTY AND ANTI-AGING
You're here: Home > Message Boards > Plastic Surgery > Facelift (Mid, Lower, Mini Face Lift)

Plastic Surgery, Beauty, Skin Care Message Boards & Blogs

Our message boards are for all of us who want to talk, listen, share, and support fellow women and men interested in discussing plastic surgery, beauty treatments, pregnancy, gynecological concerns, aging, and various health conditions. You can read messages without logging in. To post a message, please log in or register. It's free...and being a member gives you access to important information. By using the Message Boards, you agree to the Message Boards Policies.

SUBSCRIBE: Sign up to get newsletter with weekly popular topics discussed on the boards  

Survival after surgery by barry jones, King Edward hospital

Re: Survival after surgery by barry jones, King Edward hospital

Postby Kaylow » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:53 am

I can't seem to gain access to your photos unless I am approved by you to allow me to see them.

I look amazing...so do other celebs who have been attended to by this brilliant surgeon...no names no pack drill!!!!
Someone queried that I had quoted that as Mr Jones is an Emeritus professor it implies that he is retired. No. It is a recognition of the status and achievement he has gained in his surgical career. He has also headed up ( chairman) the post of British Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons...I forget the exact acronym because I'm cross.
He also works at Great Ormond Street Hospital for sick children rebuilding childrens' faces on the NHS!!
Do you honestly believe the powers that are would recruit an idiot???? and a high profile one at that?

Please allow me to see these photos.Did you not go to see him after your surgery to address your issues?

The whole thing sounds like a set up to me....so there....fire back at will, but at sixty I look fifty and had my ops eight years ago.
Kaylow

Postby Rhinestone1 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 10:53 am

There is no set up those boards are for posters to comment on there surgery good or bad happy or unhappy .
Many of us were shocked by what happened to zebra and many of us supported zebra .
It is good that u have had good surgery I am really pleased for u we all know every ps has good and bad reviews but u must admit zebras story is rather shocking and the use of trainee is rather disturbing without permission from patient .
This was never about any set up from anyone this was about trying to help and support zebra who has had a terrible ordeal and still does have to live with this situation on a daily basis .

Everyone including myself was shocked to find that barry jones was capable of this even zebra herself had done lots of research I also nearly chose barry jones myself none of us could believe it he was capable of such an outcome and to have a trainee facilitate in some way without patient knowing is not right .
I know what it is like to have bad results which lucklily for me I recovered from and yes I did consult with jones and nearly chose him may I add no I have not seen jones since a recent facelift surgery with Mr Percival I havnt saw jones after that I saw jones after a first facelift I had and then I chose Mr Percival to do my revision which I wasn't pleased with .
Personally I have nothing against jones at all I came on the boards and saw and read zebras story and I treid to support her and help her and I made honest comments regarding that of what my opinion was and I hoped in someway that Mr Barry Jones would have compensated Zebra for what happened i must admit i was disappointed that he didn't and someone in his position i thought he would be first to help and hold his hands up we are all shocked when we read zebras story .

It is good to here you have had a great experience your self its usually what a ps does in the aftercare that lets people know how good or how bad that ps is all ps make mistakes some make massive errors but its what the ps then does to put that right that counts .

I think you will need to pm zebra for the password to her photos if u want to see them or i think the pass word is on here on her post the first post im sure her password is on that post .
Rhinestone1

Postby Layla4 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:35 am

Zebra,
Naturally, I cannot comment on your experience of surgery with Barry Jones but I feel strongly that readers of your post should at least have an alternative perspective from another patient of Barry Jones who has long-term personal experiences of his surgery.
I first met Barry Jones some 14 years ago after prolonged an extensive research. It was vital for me to find the right surgeon as I was contemplating a combined endoscopic brow lift and blepharoplasty.
What impressed me about Barry Jones from my research then, in 2001, and continues to do so now in 2014 is his evident dedication to the maintenance and improvement of his surgical knowledge and skills. This is amply demonstrated not only by his travelling scholarships outside of the UK (including to America) for aesthetic and craniofacial surgery but also his dedicated involvement as a craniofacial Surgeon at the renowned Great Ormond Street hospital for sick children in London. All of this is, of course, on the firm foundation of an FRCS degree in surgery from the Royal College of Surgeons and a Masters in surgery from the University of London.
The results of this first endoscopic brow lift and combined blepharoplasty was, simply, excellent - beyond my expectations and even my hopes. Also, I have to observe that the quality of consultation, discussion, treatment and after care by Barry Jones was excellent throughout.
Since that first combined procedure in 2001 I have had a number of other surgical procedures by Barry Jones including rhinoplasty and smasectomy. On each and every occasion, without exception over this 13 year period, his expertise and professionalism has always been at the highest level providing me with outcomes that were always more than just satisfactory.
Based on my personal experience of several different surgical procedures over more than a decade I have total confidence in Barry Jones as the pre-eminent surgeon he is.
Zebra, I am sure this will not alter your opinion of your experience but I am just as sure that you and the readers of your post would want the professional standing of someone to receive balanced appraisal based on experience.
Best wishes, Layla4
Layla4

Postby meeka » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:34 pm

I have viewed Zebra's photo's and I think they speak for themselves. I think it is odd that I have never seen, on any forum, any photo's at all of Barry Jones's facelift work apart from Zebra's??

I think Zebra is now concluding that in fact Barry Jones did not do the most part of her surgery but that a Trainee was allowed, without her consent, to participate in her surgery. Other plastic surgeons have seen her result and concluded that a fully trained facelift surgeon would not make such fundamental aesthetic errors of judgement.
meeka

Postby raca » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:15 am

I am heartbroken for Zebra and think it's very sad that this doctor is allowed to continue practicing in this manner, whilst members of the public continue to believe he's one of our country's "eminent" plastic surgeons.

(Zebra, I was due to write to you a long while ago - I apologise for my silence, and have been dealing with many issues due to my own poor results.)

If you do a Google search for Barry Jones London, this thread comes up on page one, (ironically) above his own promotional video in which he talks about a "tradition of English caring medicine" and the importance of achieving natural results. In light of these statements - and as Zebra's photos demonstrate - he obviously doesn't adhere to those principles. He also did something illegal, which was to allow an unqualified practitioner to complete essential parts of Zebra's surgery without her informed consent.

I also couldn't help noting Barry Jones' hypocrisy in his attempts to cover up what was done. He stated that he used an incision to preserve her hairline, yet he then went on to "blame" Zebra for requesting an out of date technique, i.e. an old style face lift which elevates the hair line.

I suspect that Layla4 and Kaylow are here to try and rehabilitate his reputation, as prospective clients will no doubt be asking his office about this thread. I noticed on LYB that the "ongoing discussions with surgeons" segment (aka the paid for advertisement) featuring Barry Jones' lonely monologue has been pulled, and that two suspect posters signed up quite recently in order to promote him.

Unfortunately Zebra's story is real and people should take it as a warning about his use of trainees without informed consent, coupled with his extremely poor surgical skills and absence of moral character.

Layla4 wrote:Naturally, I cannot comment on your experience of surgery with Barry Jones but I feel strongly that readers of your post should at least have an alternative perspective from another patient of Barry Jones who has long-term personal experiences of his surgery.

Layla - basically you're relaying Barry Jones' CV, which is a pretty standard one for a plastic surgeon (with a lot of frothing on top). Whilst you say you've had a positive "long term" experience, I find it interesting that you have neglected to post your own pictures and refuse to comment on the quality of Zebra's results (as Meeka said, she provided pictures?).

Kaylow wrote:I look amazing...so do other celebs who have been attended to by this brilliant surgeon...no names no pack drill!!!!
Someone queried that I had quoted that as Mr Jones is an Emeritus professor it implies that he is retired. No. It is a recognition of the status and achievement he has gained in his surgical career. He has also headed up ( chairman) the post of British Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons...I forget the exact acronym because I'm cross.

Titles may "reflect" certain things, but doesn't that make a title just that, a reflection or decoration rather than the truth? It's a well known fact that doctors - "the powers that are" - set up their own societies and nominate their friends into positions. They also hire PR companies in order to get into publications such as Tatler and "buy" themselves a reputation. Zebra's photos, on the other hand, show the reality behind all this puffery. Also, the celebrities you saw in his office were no doubt receiving free treatments in exchange for a "name drop" in the press or for bringing friends to his door. This is common practice across the aesthetics industry, and has a lot more to do with having money and connections than anything else.

Kaylow wrote: Please allow me to see these photos.Did you not go to see him after your surgery to address your issues?

The whole thing sounds like a set up to me

Yes, but he denied the existence of the problem. Also, I think it's odd that you only signed up to defend him and claim you can't access her pics.

All that being said, I am truly sad for Zebra as she has suffered a horrific ordeal at the hands of this man. It is an incredible shame as she looked lovely in her before pictures, and deserved a lot better than this.
raca

Postby sued » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:20 pm

Unfortunately, surgeons (not just plastic surgeons) are protected in so many ways. Even when they are convicted of malpractice, there are nondisclosure clauses before a wronged patient can receive a settlement. The next patient has no idea of the doctor's past.
Yes, it's quite probable that a couple posters on this board are working for this surgeon. The average patient doesn't defend her doctor to such an extent! Even if someone has amazing results, he/she wouldn't attack another person for having trouble with the same doctor. How would they know if he made a mistake this time? And mentioning his bio or his experience is hardly something that an average patient does. That's for his publicity staff. And to say that celebs have been to this doctor! Only an employee would know that, but legally, they're not allowed to tell.

If it reads like an advertisement, then it's an advertisement.
sued

Postby raca » Mon May 05, 2014 1:20 pm

sued wrote:Unfortunately, surgeons (not just plastic surgeons) are protected in so many ways. Even when they are convicted of malpractice, there are nondisclosure clauses before a wronged patient can receive a settlement. The next patient has no idea of the doctor's past.
Yes, it's quite probable that a couple posters on this board are working for this surgeon. The average patient doesn't defend her doctor to such an extent! Even if someone has amazing results, he/she wouldn't attack another person for having trouble with the same doctor. How would they know if he made a mistake this time? And mentioning his bio or his experience is hardly something that an average patient does. That's for his publicity staff. And to say that celebs have been to this doctor! Only an employee would know that, but legally, they're not allowed to tell.

If it reads like an advertisement, then it's an advertisement.

Exactly sued!

There are shills on here who work for these guys. Some even hound patients off the boards when they're unhappy. Recently, I saw a poster hounded off a thread in the lip augmentation section (this thread was later deleted). The posters who criticised her had no history on this board and were almost certainly linked to the surgeon she saw.

When threads are started by victims of bad surgery, they tend to attract "one post wonders" who pose as happy customers. But the reality is that few happy patients care to look up a surgeon they went to years ago (or are still being treated by). If Kaylow and Layla were indeed genuine posters, they would've moved on with their lives long ago (and refrained from rehashing Barry Jones' entire curriculum vitae...)

In terms of the celebrity clients, that's true - his staff aren't allowed to disclose names - Kaylow created a bit of "innuendo" there. He isn't likely to mess up on anyone high profile - and most patients don't fall into that category. Plus, as I mentioned before, these celebrities are often getting free treatment in exchange for the PR.

I can relate to the horror Zebra went through. She is incredibly brave to post her pictures on here and tell everyone her story. People might think it's for revenge, but in reality she gains little from it personally (and risks further attacks by the surgeon and his staff). I hope this thread stays up for a long, long time so that others may avoid being subject to a similar Mengele-esque experiment. I also hope someone out there can successfully restore her face.
raca

Postby Poppylove » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:54 am

Dear zebra
Please get in touch . I'm so sorry that you have had to go through all of this .. But we share very similar experiences. I too am disfigured and now undergoing lots of reconstructive procedures to see if I can get my face back. It's been hell for me over these last few years. I applaud you for speaking out.. I did too and that's the only way we can help and protect others. I am very passionate about helping other victims and the surgeons that I've always used have always been very reputable so I understand when you say .. You have to live with people thinking that you didn't do your research or went to some dodgy clinic. Like you.. I asked the right questions! And did my homework! We are not to blame for any of this .

I may be able to help you or anyone that has been left unhappy with their surgery. Xx
Poppylove

Postby Poppylove » Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:59 am

It's really upsetting when I read stories like this esp as I'm a victim of botched surgeries too so I understand how everyone is feeling . I feel so let down by all the surgeons that I've used In the past as they have all stuck together so when people refer Baaps to a boys club.. I agree. I've always used reputable Baaps surgeons and where has it gotten me? Nowhere!!! Botched!!! And when you need help.. They then all turn you away! There is such dark side to cosmetic surgery .
I appreciate everyone being courageous and telling their stories . This is the only way we can help other victims . I've been outspoken too so I applaud anyone that does the same as it takes real strength and bravery.

Xxx
Poppylove

Postby Rhinestone1 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:33 pm

hi poppylove have sent u pm sorry to hear of your experience hope u r ok .Hugs rhinestone1 .
zebra have sent u pm to hope u get it ok hope u r ok to .
hugs rhinestone1 xx
Rhinestone1

Facelift masterclass 2015

Postby raca » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:32 am

Hi all,

I came across this document when searching on behalf of a friend. This "Facelift Masterclass" seminar is taking place at the Dorchester next year:

http://d2hzo0xqzsywdt.cloudfront.net/as ... _LORES.pdf

Check out the lineup... :evil:

Raca
raca

Re: Facelift masterclass 2015

Postby meeka » Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:04 am

raca wrote:Hi all,

I came across this document when searching on behalf of a friend. This "Facelift Masterclass" seminar is taking place at the Dorchester next year:

http://d2hzo0xqzsywdt.cloudfront.net/as ... _LORES.pdf

Check out the lineup... :evil:

Raca

I have only had experience with two of these surgeons, Norman Waterhouse and Barry Jones. I wouldn't use any of them , even if the surgery was free of charge. Waterhouse put too much tension on my skin with his facelift, I have wide stretched scars and distorted ears. I also have hairline displacement and had bald patches from his browlift, had to have a hair transplant. I have been quoted $25k for corrective facelift work. Its sad that these surgeons are teaching a masterclass......I am shocked by the standards in the UK, I never want to have surgery there again.
meeka

Postby claref453 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:47 am

I had an upper blepharoplasty with this surgeon at King Edwards and remain very unhappy with the outcome. In fact I bought a complaint against both the hospital and Mr. Jones with the Independent Sector Complaints and Adjudication Service and they upheld my complaint on two counts: 1. Dissasatisfaction with the outcome of the blepharoplasty and 2. Concern regarding the presence/role during my surgery of another plastic surgeon undergoing professional development at King Edwards – this without my permission or knowledge. The expert opinion sought during the adjudication process concluded that the marking scheme that Mr. Jones adopted was out of kilter with the fairly minor issues I was presenting with and the adjudicator agreed that the extent of the discrepancy represents a ground for concern and unsatisfactory practice. The expert also commented that the time taken by Mr. Jones in performing the surgery, was very fast and concluded that the duration of the surgery combined with Mr. Jones’ decision to remove fat pads was indicative of poor technique. I am left with hollowing to the upper lid and upper lid show/peak effect. I have all the relevant paperwork to support this.
claref453

Re: Facelift masterclass 2015

Postby raca » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:33 am

meeka wrote: Its sad that these surgeons are teaching a masterclass......I am shocked by the standards in the UK, I never want to have surgery there again.

Indeed - perhaps they should consider renaming it "ego stroking masterclass" 8)

I've seen so many complaints about Waterhouse on this site. To be honest, I'm surprised he's still in business. Perhaps the bulk of his clients are from the Middle East etc... the kind who'll buy into the whole "top London surgeon" thing.

claref453 wrote: the marking scheme that Mr. Jones adopted was out of kilter with the fairly minor issues I was presenting with

Sorry to hear about your horrible experience. If you haven't yet done so, you should get in touch with the GMC. Can you expand on what Mr Jones' "marking scheme" was?
raca

Postby Rhinestone1 » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:54 pm

HI
Has anyone heard how zebra is doing not seen her on the boards for a while ?
Hope u r ok hugs rhinestone 1xxx
Rhinestone1

PreviousNext

Return to Facelift (Mid, Lower, Mini Face Lift)

Featured Specialists