You're here: Home > Message Boards > Plastic Surgery > Forehead Lift, Brow Lift

Plastic Surgery, Beauty, Skin Care Message Boards & Blogs

Our message boards are for all of us who want to talk, listen, share, and support fellow women and men interested in discussing plastic surgery, beauty treatments, pregnancy, gynecological concerns, aging, and various health conditions. You can read messages without logging in. To post a message, please log in or register. It's free...and being a member gives you access to important information. By using the Message Boards, you agree to the Message Boards Policies.

SUBSCRIBE: Sign up to get newsletter with weekly popular topics discussed on the boards  

indentation in forehead

indentation in forehead

Postby themagicman » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:12 pm

Hi there,
I have an embarrassing indentation mark about 1-2 inches in length.I am very afraid of going out in public. People ask me all the time have I been in an auto accident I tell them ,no. I have had this all my life ,I am about 58 years of age.Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:49 pm

Re: indentation in forehead

Postby MissJ521@aol.com » Sun Jan 28, 2018 9:37 am

It sounds like you might need a custom implant that has been generated from a CT scan of the defect.

For that, you would need to find a doctor who routinely uses implants and also has access to modalities where they can be customized.

The key here is generating a 3-D shape that fits exactly into the defect and that's done by a CT scan followed by an implant manufacturer generating an implant. So, you would need to find docs who put in custom implants via this method.

Your case would be more straight forward than an 'aesthetic' one where the shape of the implant was to give a 'look'. That's because it's more straight forward to FILL IN A DENT. The implant would need an incision to the forehead area to be placed.

Another option would be fat grafting. Again, the work would be cut out for the doctor because the objective is straight forward: FILL IN THE DENT. For that, no incision (other than a small poke through the skin) would be needed. You would need to track down doctors who have a history in fat grafting; those who are not actually NEW at it. I say that because you will find a LOT of docs doing the fat grafts. This is because in the past 6 years or so, there has been a BOOM of doctors 'jumping on the f/g band wagon'. Although the pioneer f/g docs have been at it for more than 20 years, since your case is more straight forward, you'd be looking for docs who have been at it for about 10 years. Although filler could be used to fill in a dent, f/gs have CHANCE of being permanent and also CHANCE of having stem cells in them that can turn into bone.

That said, there are some very promising potential solutions to your problem and they resolve to either custom manufactured implants to fill in the dent (and of course the doctors who routinely use that process in aesthetic work) OR f/g from doctors conversant in that art and have been at it for about 10 years. That information should help you with your search.
Please Note: NO PMs please.

Private correspondence with me concerning questions highly specific to your situation is not an extension of my open participation on the boards.
User avatar
Posts: 3358
Joined: Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:35 pm

Return to Forehead Lift, Brow Lift


Featured Specialists