LEARN, SHOP & CHAT ABOUT PLASTIC SURGERY, BEAUTY AND ANTI-AGING
You're here: Home > Message Boards > Plastic Surgery > Otoplasty, Ear Surgery

Plastic Surgery, Beauty, Skin Care Message Boards & Blogs

Our message boards are for all of us who want to talk, listen, share, and support fellow women and men interested in discussing plastic surgery, beauty treatments, pregnancy, gynecological concerns, aging, and various health conditions. You can read messages without logging in. To post a message, please log in or register. It's free...and being a member gives you access to important information. By using the Message Boards, you agree to the Message Boards Policies.

SUBSCRIBE: Sign up to get newsletter with weekly popular topics discussed on the boards  

Greg O'Toole London

Greg O'Toole London

Postby JetBlue » Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:19 pm

Greg O'Toole had 2 of the worst reviews on this forum which were removed as per his request.

I will be writing a full review explaining EVERYTHING I had undergone with this surgeon from before and during consultation, pre-op, during operation, post-op and how it has affected my life. I will be posting my experience to share with others to help prevent them from harm and educate them on BDD.(Body Dysmorphic Disorder) when the Make Me Heal team will allow me to re-post.

What I can say is from my experience I found Greg O'Toole to be unethical, inconsiderate and overconfident. He ruined my life, killed my spirit and destroyed my confidence. The surgery performed was incredibly risky, stupid and cruel. Even one of his assistants started to panic and Greg had to insist they "relax, relax, relax".

Burt Brent refused to operate on my ears years ago which I told Greg I really respected Burt Brent for.

David Gault performed a life-changing procedure on my ears which I was VERY pleased with. Greg was aware of this also but did not hesitate to procede or ask why I did not see David Gault instead.(Greg's online marketing, YouTube videos led me into this disaster.)

Thanks Greg O'Toole for cutting my ears up. Given the things said to you in our e-mails, consultation you have some nerve. Who do you think you are? Did you really think you were going to get away with this? What were you thinking?

I was sent home with 2 different shaped and sized ears right before Christmas 2012. Prior to leaving to return home Greg asked if I don't mind posting something positive about my experience and said "This is how I pay my mortgage." I left with mixed emotions.

For those of you considering surgery please seek psychological help and educate yourself on BDD. NEVER attend a consultation alone or go for surgery without the support of your family or loved ones. This type of surgery can be demoralizing and at the risk of multiple complications which you may not be aware of or the doctor will not tell you. Infection, Hearing loss, Asymmetry, Cartilage overlap, Scarring, Hematoma, Discomfort.......
Last edited by JetBlue on Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:51 am, edited 3 times in total.
JetBlue

Re: Greg O'Toole London

Postby MissJ521@aol.com » Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:54 pm

Can you tell me how many posts you made yourself about Greg O'Toole?

I did notice a boat load of posts with that topic were deleted by the MMH team. However, when I first became a mod, I also noticed gads and gads of posts about how 'great' he was which I don't see now here either.
Please Note: NO PMs please.

Private correspondence with me concerning questions highly specific to your situation is not an extension of my open participation on the boards.
MissJ521@aol.com

Postby JetBlue » Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:34 am

I had left 3 posts describing everything Greg and I had talked about and what I experienced with this surgeon which were incredibly honest and true. I went into full detail describing all the events that took place pre-op and post-op even mentioning how Greg ate a sandwich as I was taken to theater for my surgery. I find it incredibly shocking how overly confident he was with no preparation, no questions asked and to disregard my comments about Burt Brent and David Gault. Greg left me with more problems and complications with my ears than I ever had before.
Last edited by JetBlue on Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
JetBlue

Postby MissJ521@aol.com » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:15 am

OK,
Are you saying that you only had 3 posts up about him or that ONLY about 3 posts by YOU were removed by MMH????

I'm asking because the logs show a TON of posts deleted with his name as the title of them.

AS i said prior, at the time I joined as a mod, I saw a LOT of posts singing him praises. I too tried to look into to see if the poster had multi-ids (like could they be written by his staff or something) but at time was 'new' mod and not that versed with exactly how to do that.

The fact is that I DON'T see all those 'wonderful' posts about him anymore either and I distinctly remember there were a boat load of posts proclaiming how great he was. So MAYBE MMH team found something 'off' and also deleted the praising posts about him too.

Do you remember when there was a boatload of glowing review posts of him on here???? I don't see those anymore. It could be that those were removed too IF in fact you only made 3 gripe posts about him prior.

JetBlue wrote:I had left 3 posts describing everything Greg and I had talked about and what I experienced with this surgeon which were incredibly honest and true. I went into full detail describing all the events that took place pre-op and post-op even mentioning how Greg ate a sandwich as I was taken to theater for my surgery.

Some of the posts about this surgeon led me to believe they could have possibly been written by Greg himself. This I am not certain of.

Private correspondence with me concerning questions highly specific to your situation is not an extension of my open participation on the boards.
MissJ521@aol.com

Products That Customers Interested in This Topic Are Buying

Postby JetBlue » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:36 pm

I do remember those posts proclaiming how great he was. Those disparaging comments lead me to believe he was the best. Soon after my review a bunch more posts followed praising him. They were all on the same thread. When another negative review was posted by another user Greg had both threads removed I'm assuming to keep his "practice" "private".

I think Greg is a self promoter and very commercial. Someone who will not turn down work. I think he is obsessed with surgery and incredibly proud to be a surgeon. I think he wants to drive in as much business as possible for financial gain. He has a way with words that sounds overly convincing. He performs incredibly risky surgeries. When operation day comes and Greg tells you "I think I know what I'm going to do" "nothing radical" makes you really question if this guy is absolutely mad and experimenting on his patients.
Last edited by JetBlue on Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JetBlue

Postby MissJ521@aol.com » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:43 pm

Hi. The information I'm trying to 'extract' here is rather cut and dry. I'm asking you if you noticed that a LOT of the 'glowing' posts about him are ALSO gone. Did you notice that or not? Like IF you only made about 3 complaint posts BUT tons of other posts are now gone (like the glowing ones), then therefore the admin must have removed the glowing ones in addition to the complaint ones.

JetBlue wrote:I do remember those posts proclaiming how great he was. Those disparaging comments lead me to believe he was the best. Soon after my review a bunch more posts followed praising him.

I think Greg is a self promoter and very commercial. Someone who will not turn down work. I think he is obsessed with surgery and incredibly proud to be a surgeon. I think he wants to drive in as much business as possible for financial gain. He has a way with words that sounds overly convincing. He performs incredibly risky surgeries. When operation day comes and Greg tells you "I think I know what I'm going to do" "nothing radical" makes you really question if this guy is absolutely mad and experimenting on his patients.

MissJ521@aol.com

Postby JetBlue » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:50 pm

Yes all posts are gone. I did notice that. They were all on the same thread. The new thread with the second negative review was also deleted at the same time. That user has since reposted.
JetBlue

Postby MissJ521@aol.com » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:03 pm

OK, if all the posts are gone (which I noticed too) and the bulk of them were 'glowing' reviews, then at least they are not just targeting the bad ones.

Sometimes if a doctor complains about bad feedback BUT he's got a ton of good feedback, an admin of a board can elect to zap all the feedback.

JetBlue wrote:Yes all posts are gone. I did notice that. They were all on the same thread. The new thread with the second negative review was also deleted at the same time. That user has since reposted.

MissJ521@aol.com

Postby JetBlue » Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:36 pm

forums@makemeheal.com

Include this full e-mail (particularly the headers). Please note that the
reply address to this e-mail has been set to that of regan0108.

Message sent to you follows
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

hi i am new to all this i had surgery with greg o toole 13 1 2013 it was
the worst decision of my life . i only decided to go with him because of
all the positive feedback on this forum . he has totally destroyed my ears
my life is now in tatters i dont know were to turn for help if you could
speak with me it would be very helpfull
JetBlue

Postby Bermuda1 » Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:44 pm

I visited Greg O'Toole for a private consultation with a member of my family to see if he could correct a congenital ear deformity. From the outset, he was polite, realistic and honest about what he could do to improve the appearance of my ears. He explained clearly what the procedure would involve, the risks and the final outcome of the surgery. Not once did I feel pressured by him to go ahead with the surgery and I certainly did not feel he wanted my money. Throughout my consultation, he made it clear that whilst he could improve the appearance of my ears, he could not make them "perfect" - he is after all a plastic surgeon, not a miracle worker. I left my consultation feeling happy and confident with what Mr O'Toole told me, what could/could not be achieved and was clear about all the risks involved.

I recently went ahead with the surgery and met Mr O'Toole again on the morning of my surgery as well as other members of his team including the anaesthetist and all were extremely professional and discussed my procedure with me step by step. I was under no illusions as to what to expect post surgery and I cannot fault the information, honesty and professionalism which was portrayed.

Mr O'Toole visited me daily during my stay in hospital and kept a close check on my wounds and how things were healing. I then visited him twice at his clinic to have dressings and stitches removed and at all times, he explained everything to me and members of my family.

Although it is early days and my ears are still bruised, swollen and healing, I am delighted with the results so far. Mr O'Toole has already advised me that I will need a couple of pieces of cartilage shaving off (about a mm in size) in several months' time once the swelling has settled but this is quite common after such procedures. Whilst I will never have perfect ears, Mr O'Toole has significantly improved the appearance of them. I would not hesitate in recommending him to anyone who required ear surgery. He is a skilful, honest, realistic surgeon for whom I have the greatest respect. I am so pleased that I saw him on Embarrassing Bodies because if I hadn't, I would have just continued to live albeit very unhappily, with my congenital ear deformity. It is good that he advertises his work otherwise people wouldn't know where to go to have deformities corrected which have a significant impact on their daily lives and confidence. Mr O'Toole is passionate about his work, cares about his patients and gives them realistic information about what he can achieve. The problem is many people who have plastic surgery expect perfection - this doesn't exist and yes, there is always a risk of infection after any surgery but that is not the surgeon's fault! If you are thinking of having ear surgery then Mr O'Toole definitely comes with my recommendations and I cannot thank him enough for making me feel happy on the inside and giving me ears that look normal on the outside - normal not perfect! He's a great guy and still gives people who can't afford to pay privately like I did, to be treated on the NHS.
Bermuda1

Postby joedavis7 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:01 am

I can honestly say that my experience with Greg O'Toole has been very good. I have yet to actually have surgery with him but my consultation was very impressive. I found him confident but certainly not arrogant. He even suggested to me the surgeons that he thought were also good at this type of work which did include David Gault. Later, he kindly sent me some details of previous surgery that would be very similar to what I wanted.

By the way, I also saw David Gault sometime ago and to me he did come across as arrogant which put has put me off using him.

Best regards
joedavis7

Postby JetBlue » Tue May 19, 2015 8:18 am

The following is an e-mail sent to you by ******************** via your
account on "Make Me Heal". If this message is spam, contains abusive or
other comments you find offensive please contact the webmaster of the board
at the following address:

forums@makemeheal.com

Include this full e-mail (particularly the headers). Please note that the
reply address to this e-mail has been set to that of MichaelCollins1890.

Message sent to you follows
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi ,

What was the final outcome of your dealing with Greg O' (massive) Toole ?

He has just completely butchered my ears . All I needed was a mild
correction to prominent ears . I now look like I have someone else's ear
glued to the right side of my face !

Absolute shambles !

Would be interested to hear .

Thanks ,

Username blocked for privacy.
JetBlue

Postby Williamlees256 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:56 am

Before I post the details of my experience prior to, and following, my injury I would like to express my sincere thanks and heartfelt gratitude to Greg O'Toole.

I was a victim of a horrific unprovoked attack in which a large portion of my ear was bitten off. I was admitted to the Royal Free Hospital in Hampstead on the evening of the attack. I was completely beside myself and knew that not only my appearance, but my confidence had been shattered. It was the following morning, when I was first introduced to Greg O'Toole, that I felt there was a light at the end of the tunnel.

Mr O'Toole calmly and concisely explained which reconstructive option was best for me and openly discussed my expectations in a frank yet sensitive way. He was extremely honest in helping me to be realistic, stressing that it would be a long and arduous process, but that my ear WOULD BE FIXED. Mr O'Toole has been entirely true to his word.

I embarked on the process of reconstructive surgery with obvious trepidation, but also with confidence and excitement. Throughout these procedures Mr O'Toole and his team were always available to reassure, answer my questions and discuss any concerns; I had no doubts that the outcome of my treatment was extremely important to Mr O'Toole.

The final result of my ear reconstruction is truly outstanding. Both my personal body image and self esteem has been completely revived after the surgery. I cannot begin to express my thanks to Mr O'Toole and his team for giving me my life back and for that I will be eternally grateful.

I would have absolutely no hesitation in recommending Greg O'Toole to anyone who is in need of a consummate and talented professional, who has the vision and ability to achieve genuinely amazing results.
Williamlees256

Postby 30SomethingScot » Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:08 am

I've deliberately held off a few weeks before writing this post as I've been waiting to see the final results before committing to a testimony for Greg O'Toole. It has been three weeks since I had earfold surgery on my left ear - which was much more prominent than my right - and I am very pleased with the results.

I'd done a significant amount of research into the surgery before I had approached anyone and made my decision to meet Mr O'Toole for a consultation having seen some of the positive results he had.

For me, the subject of my ear is quite an emotional one and something I've tried to avoid for most of my life. What I wanted from the consultation with Mr O'Toole was a realistic and non-emotional assessment and a clear indication of what could be achieved. It is exactly what he gave me: clearly explaining the risks, the procedure and the fact that perfect symmetry is difficult due to the tissue in my ear. I was nervous but he put me at ease.

Following this conversation I felt pretty confident in his hands and I decided to go ahead with the surgery in Harley Street. Despite a slight mishap on the day (he'd forgotten to take the earfold implants - but to his credit went straight home and picked them up) the surgery was quick, relatively painless and I felt that I was in the hands of a professional. He was also friendly and informative, and while supremely confident in what he was doing I saw no arrogance. I left with a slightly swollen ear but feeling comfortable that Mr O'Toole had done his job to the high standard I'd expected and paid for.

It's now three weeks on and my ear is almost completely healed and looking great. I've had my first 'above the ears' haircut in about 20 years and I'm very happy with the results.

Given this experience - and I realise it is only one point of view and it is alway worth looking at the experiences of a number of people before committing to surgery - I'd absolutely recommend Mr O'Toole for anyone considering earfold surgery and looking for a confident, professional and extremely confident surgeon they will feel comfortable with.
30SomethingScot

Postby AbleBodiedMale » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:07 am

There seems to be some mixed response regarding Mr O Toole, so I'll just post my experience of him to date.

I had Ear Correction 5 years ago; one of these ears became prominent again so I had it corrected for a 2nd time. A few years later I encountered the same problem as it slowly started creeping back to prominence (more so than my other ear which didnt "spring out" as much).

I saw that Mr O Toole and Dr Gault were the two most recognised in this field so I visited them both.

Dr Gault seemed very confident, albeit slightly arrogant.

I met with Mr O toole several times over the past few years and I honestly dont have any complaints about him. I found him extremely understanding and sympathetic (he knew how sensitive the subject was). At no point did I even detect a hint of him being a "salesman" or anything like that (which I've read on some posts); quite the contrary. He actually advised that most people would think my ears were within an acceptable range; I gained huge respect for him when he said this as obviously he wasn't out to get my money.

I revisited him several times as i was still unsure about getting the ear corrected again. Each time he was understanding and explained the details; he even emphasized on several times that the final result would be an improvement, not perfection.

I still haven't made up my mind as I'm struggling to decide. But can I just say the guy is a gentleman, he doesnt pressure you into anything and actually, it seems he's more interested in a satisfied client than making money. He's repeatedly made me feel welcome to come and seek his advice, and I'm confused at the bad reviews people have given him because he quite frankly isn't like that at all.

I'm still deciding whether to go back and seek his approval one last time as I feel like the ear is creeping out more and more as the time passes!
AbleBodiedMale

Products That Customers Interested in This Topic Are Buying

Next

Return to Otoplasty, Ear Surgery

Featured Specialists

//test