LEARN, SHOP & CHAT ABOUT PLASTIC SURGERY, BEAUTY AND ANTI-AGING
You're here: Home > Message Boards > Plastic Surgery > Nose Surgery, Nose Job, Rhinoplasty

Plastic Surgery, Beauty, Skin Care Message Boards & Blogs

Our message boards are for all of us who want to talk, listen, share, and support fellow women and men interested in discussing plastic surgery, beauty treatments, pregnancy, gynecological concerns, aging, and various health conditions. You can read messages without logging in. To post a message, please log in or register. It's free...and being a member gives you access to important information. By using the Message Boards, you agree to the Message Boards Policies.

SUBSCRIBE: Sign up to get newsletter with weekly popular topics discussed on the boards  
 

Feedback on Dr. Richard Davis

Re: Feedback on Dr. Richard Davis

Postby libutti » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:19 am

kittens24 wrote:Nevermind.

Can the moderator please remove my comments.

because ?
libutti
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:27 am



Re: Feedback on Dr. Richard Davis

Postby MissJ521@aol.com » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:51 pm

You have the ability to go back to your post and 'wipe out' the contents if you like and simply say in it: 'I RETRACT my prior comments.'

It is not my task to delete your posts in the event you wish to retract your comments. Your comments are not in the venue of SPAM or any egregious misrepresentation for me to delete.


kittens24 wrote:Nevermind.

Can the moderator please remove my comments.
Please Note: NO PMs please.

Private correspondence with me concerning questions highly specific to your situation is not an extension of my open participation on the boards.
User avatar
MissJ521@aol.com
 
Posts: 3306
Joined: Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:35 pm



Re: Feedback on Dr. Richard Davis

Postby kittens24 » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:15 am

It looks pretty good i guess

I need to consider it for some more time.
Last edited by MissJ521@aol.com on Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Multi ID also posts as catheal09
kittens24
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:49 am



Re: Feedback on Dr. Richard Davis

Postby Rhinosucks » Sun Mar 12, 2017 12:03 pm

@kittens24 thank you for the reply
I know how devastating having to do a revision is, much less wait for the results. I know that our original nose can never be recreated, which sucks.
Like you, my goal is to get to a place where I feel like me again versus living with this mess after rhino. My surgeon completely shortened my nose ( cut off my entire tip) and changed everything about me, without a discussion or consent. To say I am devastated is beyond compare.
I had a very large ethnic nose, unique nose that suited my face and my personality. Noone would have said it was too big or too long for my face ( and very doctor i consulted to date is shocked he shortened it at all)..but my doctor made sure I went from my imperfect perfect nose to a kim karadshian nose.and I want to die. Its horrible he took everything from me. My sisters and I no longer look alike, my dads nose is gone, my family, my ethnicity- he erased me. I need a rebuild. need length, need my tip back, need my profile back, need projection.
I hear with Davis I need to be clear re my expectations for the tip style, turned down and no nostril show etc. If you have any advice please PM me. Am terrified to go through this again an not get close to me. This is a terrifying experience, handled cancer better then this.
I hope that with your revision (even if it may not be perfect) you feel closer to yourself then the bad rhino.
wishing you a speedy recovery.
Rhinosucks
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:52 pm



Products That Customers Interested in This Topic Are Buying


Re: Feedback on Dr. Richard Davis

Postby kittens24 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:33 pm

The thing causing me stress is the fact that my rib cartilage was not stored. I may want a touch up and I have no cartilage available, and did not want him touching my ears. He did not give me the option of having it stored. I recommend you discuss this if it concerns you as this is something I probably would have insisted upon...
Last edited by MissJ521@aol.com on Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Multi ID also posts as catheal09
kittens24
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:49 am



Re: Feedback on Dr. Richard Davis

Postby kittens24 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:21 pm

I have received 3 messages now from libutti which I have not responded to. These messages are not helpful.
Last edited by MissJ521@aol.com on Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Multi ID also posts as catheal09
kittens24
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:49 am



Re: Feedback on Dr. Richard Davis

Postby MissJ521@aol.com » Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:16 am

I will take that as an open statement on your part that you don't want anymore messages from him.

libutti,

kittens24 open statement constitutes a request for you NOT to send her anymore PMs. I am granting her request for you NOT to send her anymore PMs.


kittens24 wrote:I have received 3 messages now from libutti which I have not responded to. These messages are not helpful.
Please Note: NO PMs please.

Private correspondence with me concerning questions highly specific to your situation is not an extension of my open participation on the boards.
User avatar
MissJ521@aol.com
 
Posts: 3306
Joined: Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:35 pm



Re: Feedback on Dr. Richard Davis

Postby Rhinosucks » Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:42 am

ok thank you for the information. I will note that.
when you say you did not want your ear touched, does that mean he did touch your ears without consent?
and re storage of rib, I didn't know that was an option - interesting. will add that to the list of questions.
I am also considering Lucian Ion - many have consulted with him and are happy and I have seen incredible results. Not sure about London but at this point it seems to be between Davis, Ion and maybe Lamperti (have a few people seeking revisions with him and waiting to see their results) Dr Le still makes me nervous re his surgery time.

Are you happy with your results? is better then the rhino and closer to your natural nose? Do you think you will need another revision? (i pray not! I cannot imagine going through it again!)
Last edited by Rhinosucks on Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rhinosucks
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:52 pm



Re: Feedback on Dr. Richard Davis

Postby kittens24 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:22 am

Rhinosucks wrote:
kittens24 wrote:The thing causing me stress is the fact that my rib cartilage was not stored. I may want a touch up and I have no cartilage available, and did not want him touching my ears. He did not give me the option of having it stored. I recommend you discuss this if it concerns you as this is something I probably would have insisted upon...


ok thank you for the information. I will not that.
when you say you did not want your ear touched, does that mean he did touch your ears without consent?
and re strong of rib, I didn't know that was an option - interesting. will add that to the list of questions.
I am also considering Lucian Ion - many have consulted with him and are happy and I have seen incredible results. Not sure about London but at this point it seems to be between Davis, Ion and maybe Lamperti (have a few people seeking revisions with him and waiting to see their results) Dr Le still makes me nervous re his surgery time.

Are you happy with your results? is better then the rhino and closer to your natural nose? Do you think you will need another revision? (i pray not! I cannot imagine going through it again!)


No but he has suggested using my ear for a possible touch up. Which is ridiculous because I told him clearly I did not want to mess with my ears (I have had 2 otoplasty surgeries so taking cartilage from them will probably change/ruin them. I don't want that after TWO surgeries on them!!!) If you have not had any ear surgeries before this probably wouldnt bother you.

I personally dont know why people are talking about a doctors "surgery time". What does this even mean? Is it relevant to his surgical results? Have any of his patients been asleep for so long that they have died? It seems like it could be an unfounded criticism brought about by a disgruntled patient, because I just don't see how it clearly relates to anything.

Idk I feel better. I think if I want it to be perfect I will need a touch up surgery which Dr Davis has said he does a reduced fee.

If I compare my surgery to a similar one by Dr Ion I think they have similar skills but there are some differences >> https://www.realself.com/review/london- ... ge-2217546

> Davis only used rib for mine vs Ion used ear and rib. Not sure why - something you would need to ask him.
> Mine seems more symmetrical from the front but perhaps she is just swollen
> My rib surgery scar is slightly above the crease and closed with stiches vs this one appears ON the crease and doesnt seem to have stitches. Perhaps he takes out a smaller piece of rib? Not sure?
> Dr Ion is a bit cheaper with the exchange rate and all.

Seeing these results I am satisfied with my choice of surgeon. I'm not saying it's bad, I'm just saying it doesnt appear to be clearly superior. I know Dr Ion also does not store the rib and this is according to a review here https://www.realself.com/review/united- ... s-loss-tip.
Last edited by MissJ521@aol.com on Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Multi ID also posts as catheal09
kittens24
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:49 am



Re: Feedback on Dr. Richard Davis

Postby Rhinosucks » Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:28 am

ok thank you for the information. I will not that.
when you say you did not want your ear touched, does that mean he did touch your ears without consent?
and re strong of rib, I didn't know that was an option - interesting. will add that to the list of questions.
I am also considering Lucian Ion - many have consulted with him and are happy and I have seen incredible results. Not sure about London but at this point it seems to be between Davis, Ion and maybe Lamperti (have a few people seeking revisions with him and waiting to see their results) Dr Le still makes me nervous re his surgery time.

Are you happy with your results? is better then the rhino and closer to your natural nose? Do you think you will need another revision? (i pray not! I cannot imagine going through it again!)[/quote]

No but he has suggested using my ear for a possible touch up. Which is ridiculous because I told him clearly I did not want to mess with my ears (I have had 2 otoplasty surgeries so taking cartilage from them will probably change/ruin them. I don't want that after TWO surgeries on them!!!) If you have not had any ear surgeries before this probably wouldnt bother you.

I personally dont know why people are talking about a doctors "surgery time". What does this even mean? Is it relevant to his surgical results? Have any of his patients been asleep for so long that they have died? It seems like it could be an unfounded criticism brought about by a disgruntled patient, because I just don't see how it clearly relates to anything.

Idk I feel better. I think if I want it to be perfect I will need a touch up surgery which Dr Davis has said he does a reduced fee.

If I compare my surgery to a similar one by Dr Ion I think they have similar skills but there are some differences >> https://www.realself.com/review/london- ... ge-2217546

> Davis only used rib for mine vs Ion used ear and rib. Not sure why - something you would need to ask him.
> Mine seems more symmetrical from the front but perhaps she is just swollen
> My rib surgery scar is slightly above the crease and closed with stiches vs this one appears ON the crease and doesnt seem to have stitches. Perhaps he takes out a smaller piece of rib? Not sure?
> Dr Ion is a bit cheaper with the exchange rate and all.

Seeing these results I am satisfied with my choice of surgeon. I'm not saying it's bad, I'm just saying it doesnt appear to be clearly superior. I know Dr Ion also does not store the rib and this is according to a review here https://www.realself.com/review/united- ... s-loss-tip.[/quote]

thank you for the feedback.
its so hard to decide - I feel like i have 1 chance to reverse this nightmare.
I prefer not to travel internationally, but I also want the best outcome.
Dr Ion tells his patients his ribs don't warp and he's revision is 15% (or so i hear).Waiting to see results of 3 people who are having surgery this late summer/fall with him.

Dr Davis lets people know stuff comes up and 80% of his patients are happy. but revision is hard and to understand risk.

Dr Le states he gets within 2mm of his morph, his revision rate is less then 5%. His surgery time from a medical perspective is serious personal issue for me _ I don't want to be under that long. I didn't want to be under for septum-had I been in a better place I wouldn't have had the surgery at all. but here I am...stupid.

I didnt want changes to my face or nose, how the doctor thought otherwise and to this extent still confuses me based on our discussion that morning. He really was determined to shorten my nose- and to this day thinks it was needed and in "6 months you will love it" BUT not so, its been 10 weeks of hell and I loved my natural nose.
I need extensive reconstruction now to try to get me back, a rib crafted nose. its so unbelievable.I pray I get it right.

Am soon worried.... about swelling.. how rib will feel in nose (but he put this dumb graft in my tip for primary thats so hard, cant imagine will be much different)... of ever feeling like myself again...wanting to take pictures again..be seen again..having confidence again..not feeling like an idiot for this mess..identifying with my family....getting my tip back, my look back....I pray every day for peace and normalcy. I cant do anything until january _ 2017 was ruined. and I have myself to blame.
Last edited by MissJ521@aol.com on Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: kittens24=catheal requested removal of quote
Rhinosucks
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:52 pm



Re: Feedback on Dr. Richard Davis

Postby kittens24 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:55 am

You'll be ok.

Yes your nose will most likely be hard. Mine is like a rock and doesn't move. It's unfortunate. You get used to it.
Last edited by MissJ521@aol.com on Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Multi ID also posts as catheal09
kittens24
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:49 am



Re: Feedback on Dr. Richard Davis

Postby Rhinosucks » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:36 pm

kittens24 wrote:You'll be ok.

Yes your nose will most likely be hard. Mine is like a rock and doesn't move. It's unfortunate. You get used to it.


can dr davis get back length? I need @5mm: I need 3-4mm deprojection and several degrees derogation. plus my tip released and my bridge built - 2-3mm.
have you seen that in you review of his pics?
what dd you need exactly? de rotate? did you have anything added to the bridge?
how is swelling? i know with rib its notorious, many have sent me pics 6 months out and its horrible.
just curious as to your healing progress as well. and how you feel now. I know you were still deciding. is it getting better as time goes on? if so how?
Rhinosucks
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:52 pm



Re: Feedback on Dr. Richard Davis

Postby MissJ521@aol.com » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:06 am

This thread is being LOCKED due to Multi-ID violation of kittens24=catheal. Screen name kittens24 is NO LONGER allowed. Due to that reason it's a corrupted thread.
Please Note: NO PMs please.

Private correspondence with me concerning questions highly specific to your situation is not an extension of my open participation on the boards.
User avatar
MissJ521@aol.com
 
Posts: 3306
Joined: Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:35 pm



Re: Feedback on Dr. Richard Davis

Postby longthinnose » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:03 pm

I am having a consultation with this Dr. next month. So nervous to start this journey all over again. It's been 13 years since I originally had my 1st surgery. The idea of spending all the money - and the fact that it could end up worse - just gives me so much anxiety. For my surgeries things looked okay at first and then over time everything just shrunk up. I see that he specializes in short noses. Obviously from my screen name I have the opposite issue. Does anyone have pics from this Dr. of longer more pinched noses? I'm especially interested in hearing from patients that are a few years out as from my own personal experience I know that things can look okay for a while before they don't. What does Dr. Davis typically use to replace cartilage with? What is his consultation fee - I don't think that was ever mentioned to be me when I set up the appointment. Anyway I appreciate hearing both good and bad - I guess I just feel like I'll always be one of the unlucky ones.
longthinnose
 
Posts: 33
Joined: Fri Jul 31, 2009 1:50 am



Products That Customers Interested in This Topic Are Buying


Previous

Return to Nose Surgery, Nose Job, Rhinoplasty

 

Featured Specialists











 
//test