LEARN, SHOP & CHAT ABOUT PLASTIC SURGERY, BEAUTY AND ANTI-AGING
You're here: Home > Message Boards > Plastic Surgery > Nose Surgery, Nose Job, Rhinoplasty

Plastic Surgery, Beauty, Skin Care Message Boards & Blogs

Our message boards are for all of us who want to talk, listen, share, and support fellow women and men interested in discussing plastic surgery, beauty treatments, pregnancy, gynecological concerns, aging, and various health conditions. You can read messages without logging in. To post a message, please log in or register. It's free...and being a member gives you access to important information. By using the Message Boards, you agree to the Message Boards Policies.

SUBSCRIBE: Sign up to get newsletter with weekly popular topics discussed on the boards  
 

Rib graft swelling ADVICE

Rib graft swelling ADVICE

Postby Rhinosucks » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:58 am

Hello. I am considering a revision. several doctors stated I could have one at 9 Months (SEPTEMBER). I was over shortened, significantly and need 5-6 mm back and my dorsum augmented.

I will need rib.

FOR THOSE who had RIB GRAFTS for length and dorm..and/or cartilage wrapped in fascia for dorsum, can you please please please share your swelling experience with me. Many said takes 8 months of horrible swelling.
I am in a wedding NYE and want to look at least halfway like myself.
YOUR FEEDBACK IS APPRECIATED!
Rhinosucks
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:52 pm



Re: Rib graft swelling ADVICE

Postby sorajah » Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:23 am

Hello, I'm sorry for your bad experience...
Rib graft swelling is big, I mean if it includes opened approach (99%), then you will swell a lot,
but if you want long term result, you need to accept that. At least 1-2 years your nose will change.
I think that ear cartilage is not good for the bridge, but it is great for the tip. So rib is definitely best for bridge and dorsal augmentation. Fascia is not good. My warped and I needed to remove it. It is ok if rib is warped in fascia but fascia alone in not worth, it is better to use filler for small irregularities or dents.
sorajah
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:54 am



Re: Rib graft swelling ADVICE

Postby Rhinosucks » Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:41 pm

sorajah wrote:Hello, I'm sorry for your bad experience...
Rib graft swelling is big, I mean if it includes opened approach (99%), then you will swell a lot,
but if you want long term result, you need to accept that. At least 1-2 years your nose will change.
I think that ear cartilage is not good for the bridge, but it is great for the tip. So rib is definitely best for bridge and dorsal augmentation. Fascia is not good. My warped and I needed to remove it. It is ok if rib is warped in fascia but fascia alone in not worth, it is better to use filler for small irregularities or dents.


thank you. do you have problems with the rib grafts? do they hurt? are they stiff? are you happy with them?
Rhinosucks
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:52 pm



Re: Rib graft swelling ADVICE

Postby whonosebest » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:21 am

Hi there,

I had a revision rhinoplasty using rib grafts 3 months ago to correct a previous surgery. It turns out that the original surgeon had removed way too much cartilage, and my nose could no longer support itself. This explained why I had trouble breathing & why my nose had become so uneven looking. The only option was to use rib cartilage to rebuild it, as there was not enough left in my septum. As someone mentioned earlier the swelling after this particular surgery is quite extreme. It was done through an open approach, and I got quite a shock when I saw how swollen I was afterwards. I was really paranoid & upset about it for the first two months, although I knew the majority of the swelling was noticeable only to me. I'm now 3 months post op and thankfully the swelling is starting to resolve significantly. I'm starting to see more shape & definition. I've still a long way to go, & it's so hard to be patient!! But trust me it will all be worth it when you have a result that not only looks good, but is structurally strong & will last you long term! Best of luck!!!!
whonosebest
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:50 am



Products That Customers Interested in This Topic Are Buying


Re: Rib graft swelling ADVICE

Postby Rhinosucks » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:29 pm

thank you for the response? is your nose stiff? can you not bend it at all? or do anything with it? does it feel weird?
Rhinosucks
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:52 pm



Re: Rib graft swelling ADVICE

Postby ineedanewlookinnyc » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:56 pm

does the nose swell as such with things like medpor instead of rib?
ineedanewlookinnyc
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:39 pm



Re: Rib graft swelling ADVICE

Postby Rhinosucks » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:46 am

ineedanewlookinnyc wrote:does the nose swell as such with things like medpor instead of rib?


I don't plan to use medpor
only my own rib
Rhinosucks
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:52 pm



Re: Rib graft swelling ADVICE

Postby Rhinosucks » Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:32 pm

whonosebest wrote:Hi there,

I had a revision rhinoplasty using rib grafts 3 months ago to correct a previous surgery. It turns out that the original surgeon had removed way too much cartilage, and my nose could no longer support itself. This explained why I had trouble breathing & why my nose had become so uneven looking. The only option was to use rib cartilage to rebuild it, as there was not enough left in my septum. As someone mentioned earlier the swelling after this particular surgery is quite extreme. It was done through an open approach, and I got quite a shock when I saw how swollen I was afterwards. I was really paranoid & upset about it for the first two months, although I knew the majority of the swelling was noticeable only to me. I'm now 3 months post op and thankfully the swelling is starting to resolve significantly. I'm starting to see more shape & definition. I've still a long way to go, & it's so hard to be patient!! But trust me it will all be worth it when you have a result that not only looks good, but is structurally strong & will last you long term! Best of luck!!!!

Just wondering how you were doing now with the swelling? are you happy wit results? what exactly did you need? I need bridge, derotation, length and my tip recreated....
Rhinosucks
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:52 pm



Products That Customers Interested in This Topic Are Buying



Return to Nose Surgery, Nose Job, Rhinoplasty

 

Featured Specialists











 
//test