LEARN, SHOP & CHAT ABOUT PLASTIC SURGERY, BEAUTY AND ANTI-AGING
You're here: Home > Message Boards > Plastic Surgery > Nose Surgery, Nose Job, Rhinoplasty

Plastic Surgery, Beauty, Skin Care Message Boards & Blogs

Our message boards are for all of us who want to talk, listen, share, and support fellow women and men interested in discussing plastic surgery, beauty treatments, pregnancy, gynecological concerns, aging, and various health conditions. You can read messages without logging in. To post a message, please log in or register. It's free...and being a member gives you access to important information. By using the Message Boards, you agree to the Message Boards Policies.

SUBSCRIBE: Sign up to get newsletter with weekly popular topics discussed on the boards  
 

Rib Graft Swelling

Rib Graft Swelling

Postby cudle » Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:33 pm

Heyy,

I am writing this topic for all the people who have recently undergone a rhinoplasty using rib cartilage and are feeling depressive because of its result.
This message is based on my own experience and I am hoping that it will help you through your rough post-op situation (if you are in any).

I have undergone an intensive rhinoplasty six months ago and this operation has included an augmentation on my nasal bridge using my own rib cartilage. Seeing the result after the cast came off made feel terrified. My nose was huge and there wasn´t any definition to see at all. I was very depressed for the first month after the operation and I believed that my nose was going stay in this form permanently. After all I have learned to realize that rhinoplasties using rib cartilage can lead to very tremendous swelling especially for thick skinned people. A large amount of swelling has gone down in the following two months and I have been feeling better ever since then. There is currently still swelling on my nose tip but I am satisfied with my result.

If you are considering of having a rhinoplasty using rib cartilage I can only recommend you to do your research thoroughly. Make sure that you are choosing a surgeon who has experience with these kinds of operations and do not be afraid to ask any questions on him or her.

I hope that I was able to help you guys with this even though I can not guarantee for anything.
cudle
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed May 03, 2017 5:09 pm



Re: Rib Graft Swelling

Postby syndicate » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:25 pm

For structural grafting such as spreader grafts, caudal septal extension grafts, onlay grafts to augment the nose or any grafts to build the framework of the nose, septal or rib in my research is preferred over ear cartilage due to the weakness and curvature of ear cartilage

During healing of rhinoplasty surgery the framework of the nose is subject to swelling and scar contracture which can weigh heavily on the newly built framework of the nose, another reason rib is often preferred over ear

Pros to rib
Strong, withstand the healing forces of surgery
Abundant

Cons
Calcifies with age
Warping
Bulk

During my consultation with a prominent rib surgeon he stated that at 1 year you will be 30% healed (Toriumi).
syndicate
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:09 pm



Re: Rib Graft Swelling

Postby libuttig » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:48 am

syndicate wrote:For structural grafting such as spreader grafts, caudal septal extension grafts, onlay grafts to augment the nose or any grafts to build the framework of the nose, septal or rib in my research is preferred over ear cartilage due to the weakness and curvature of ear cartilage

During healing of rhinoplasty surgery the framework of the nose is subject to swelling and scar contracture which can weigh heavily on the newly built framework of the nose, another reason rib is often preferred over ear

Pros to rib
Strong, withstand the healing forces of surgery
Abundant

Cons
Calcifies with age
Warping
Bulk

During my consultation with a prominent rib surgeon he stated that at 1 year you will be 30% healed (Toriumi).

Hi syndicate,
to date i did not understand if you have any personal problems or your purpose in life is to do publicity to doctors.
libuttig
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:00 am



Re: Rib Graft Swelling

Postby MissJ521@aol.com » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:02 am

It only sounds like 'publicity' to people who don't like the doctor(s) mentioned. It is your personal information FILTERING mental process that makes it sound like 'publicity' to you. To an impartial mod, it does not sound so.

libuttig wrote:
Hi syndicate,
to date i did not understand if you have any personal problems or your purpose in life is to do publicity to doctors.
Please Note: NO PMs please.

Private correspondence with me concerning questions highly specific to your situation is not an extension of my open participation on the boards.
User avatar
MissJ521@aol.com
 
Posts: 3314
Joined: Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:35 pm



Products That Customers Interested in This Topic Are Buying


Re: Rib Graft Swelling

Postby libuttig » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:13 pm

MissJ521@aol.com wrote:It only sounds like 'publicity' to people who don't like the doctor(s) mentioned. It is your personal information FILTERING mental process that makes it sound like 'publicity' to you. To an impartial mod, it does not sound so.

libuttig wrote:
Hi syndicate,
to date i did not understand if you have any personal problems or your purpose in life is to do publicity to doctors.

It would be very useful to know why this person advertises the doctors in question, without being submitted to any kind of surgery with them, why?
libuttig
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:00 am



Re: Rib Graft Swelling

Postby MissJ521@aol.com » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:17 pm

Don't be a baccalà. I already told you he's not advertising.

libuttig wrote:
It would be very useful to know why this person advertises the doctors in question, without being submitted to any kind of surgery with them, why?
Please Note: NO PMs please.

Private correspondence with me concerning questions highly specific to your situation is not an extension of my open participation on the boards.
User avatar
MissJ521@aol.com
 
Posts: 3314
Joined: Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:35 pm



Re: Rib Graft Swelling

Postby libuttig » Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:34 am

MissJ521@aol.com wrote:Don't be a baccalà. I already told you he's not advertising.

libuttig wrote:
It would be very useful to know why this person advertises the doctors in question, without being submitted to any kind of surgery with them, why?

in addition to continuing to not answer my question, the moderator, why this person always recommends the same doctors, i'm also derided from the same, compliments!
libuttig
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:00 am



Re: Rib Graft Swelling

Postby MissJ521@aol.com » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:25 pm

What he said in his post as to which grafting material he thought best is based on his research of such. The healing process he relayed is factual. He also relayed what he was told by a doctor he consulted with.
All you do here is DEMOTE drs you DON'T like. So to YOU, someone NOT demoting doctors you don't like sounds 'promotional'.

I didn't actually call you a 'baccala'. I told you NOT to be like one.
I don't want you to 'chase' after each poster (and accuse) who relays information about doctor(s) you don't like which is about all you do here.
Consider this a WARNING.
Please Note: NO PMs please.

Private correspondence with me concerning questions highly specific to your situation is not an extension of my open participation on the boards.
User avatar
MissJ521@aol.com
 
Posts: 3314
Joined: Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:35 pm



Products That Customers Interested in This Topic Are Buying



Return to Nose Surgery, Nose Job, Rhinoplasty

 

Featured Specialists











 
//test