LEARN, SHOP & CHAT ABOUT PLASTIC SURGERY, BEAUTY AND ANTI-AGING
You're here: Home > Message Boards > Plastic Surgery > Nose Surgery, Nose Job, Rhinoplasty

Plastic Surgery, Beauty, Skin Care Message Boards & Blogs

Our message boards are for all of us who want to talk, listen, share, and support fellow women and men interested in discussing plastic surgery, beauty treatments, pregnancy, gynecological concerns, aging, and various health conditions. You can read messages without logging in. To post a message, please log in or register. It's free...and being a member gives you access to important information. By using the Message Boards, you agree to the Message Boards Policies.

SUBSCRIBE: Sign up to get newsletter with weekly popular topics discussed on the boards  
 

tip graft

tip graft

Postby Rhinosucks » Sat May 27, 2017 5:20 pm

Does anyone have a tip graft? I had a nice long elegant nose with a very Greek tip that was not supposed to be altered. I liked my nose and my face, told the doctor that several times, and wouldnt consent to rhinoplasty that morning. he eventually after 15 minutes of arguing whether my nose was in fact too long (based on his 30 years experience it was, based on my 46 years on this earth it was fine) he won.. he got a smidgen of plastic for flexibility, bit do not shorten my nose or touch my tip. I was a nervous wreck, anxious and he was dead wrong for doing that to me...
Unfortunately because my doctor still was determined my nose was too long for my face, and my tip was a problem, he nonetheless despite our agreement - sutured my tip to the high heavens, rotated my tip, narrowed my "too bulbous tip---the family tip I told him don't touch", and for the cherry on top---added a tip graft, that is solid, hard, makes my tip round at end.. It forms a peak when I smile --droops down I look like a witch, a wide nasty weak blob, I used to have an lovely smile......my smile was great feature. I am in my sisters wedding in few months, beyond devastated with this shortened nose, this beak, and this lowered bridge etc.. i need full rebuild...for a surgery I NEVER wanted.
Anyway anyone have experience with
1. removing tip grafts during a revision.
2. recreating their tip with rib after sutures, domes, media crua etc are released?
3. extending their nose (lengthening) with rib?
4. building their bridge?
right now I have Dr Le on my list, I eliminated Dr Davis recently. and am considering DR Swartout, Pearlmann.\
please share any info you have. Greatly appreciate your feedback.'i want my face back. People tell me its gone, just move on, I cant live like this....
Rhinosucks
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:52 pm



Re: tip graft

Postby JR11 » Sun May 28, 2017 1:04 am

If what you say is correct - he didn't take anything away, but just sutured your cartilage and added a tip graft then removing the tip graft and the sutures should give you back pretty much what you had before surgery. At least in the tip anyway.

I wouldn't consider Pearlman in same league as Davis. I have never heard of Dr Swartout.
JR11
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:03 pm



Re: tip graft

Postby Rhinosucks » Sun May 28, 2017 11:08 am

JR11 wrote:If what you say is correct - he didn't take anything away, but just sutured your cartilage and added a tip graft then removing the tip graft and the sutures should give you back pretty much what you had before surgery. At least in the tip anyway.

I wouldn't consider Pearlman in same league as Davis. I have never heard of Dr Swartout.


thank you. That is not what I have been told. Have been told there is significant scar tissue based on suturing and the cephalic trim and that it wont be the same tip, but my tip was wide and big so if its had i ma happy, its too narrow! just how to fill it in i guess.
and the damage from the tip graft...
Davis has had horrible reviews and results lately on real self. start
I consulted with DR Le.
so to get back a semblance of me requires
rib on bridge;
rib to bring down my tip - derotate;
reverse osteotomies to widen my bridge;
and creation of a tip----either rib or ear--since everyone says ear absorbs I hear its better to use rib in tip- it feels same--anyone know?????:
and deprojection of tip to try to create a tip like my old one--which can be tricky--dont want to look like a witch, naturally it worked with natural cartilage.......
Rhinosucks
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:52 pm



Re: tip graft

Postby Rhinosucks » Sun May 28, 2017 11:08 am

JR11 wrote:If what you say is correct - he didn't take anything away, but just sutured your cartilage and added a tip graft then removing the tip graft and the sutures should give you back pretty much what you had before surgery. At least in the tip anyway.

I wouldn't consider Pearlman in same league as Davis. I have never heard of Dr Swartout.


thank you. That is not what I have been told. Have been told there is significant scar tissue based on suturing and the cephalic trim and that it wont be the same tip, but my tip was wide and big so if its had i ma happy, its too narrow! just how to fill it in i guess.
and the damage from the tip graft...
Davis has had horrible reviews and results lately on real self. start
I consulted with DR Le.
so to get back a semblance of me requires
rib on bridge;
rib to bring down my tip - derotate;
reverse osteotomies to widen my bridge;
and creation of a tip----either rib or ear--since everyone says ear absorbs I hear its better to use rib in tip- it feels same--anyone know?????:
and deprojection of tip to try to create a tip like my old one--which can be tricky--dont want to look like a witch, naturally it worked with natural cartilage.......
Rhinosucks
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:52 pm



Products That Customers Interested in This Topic Are Buying


Re: tip graft

Postby JR11 » Sun May 28, 2017 2:39 pm

Ah, so in that case you didn't just have sutures - you had a cephalic trim, which means he took some of your tip cartilage away. That makes things different.

All doctors have unhappy patients out there. They seem to go through cycles where they have more vocal patients on the internet. I would try to cut through the noise and find a surgeon who has the skill set necessary to give you the result you want, rather than finding a surgeon who appears to have no negative reviews.

What I would say about Davis is that at least he doesn't silence his patients online.
JR11
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:03 pm



Re: tip graft

Postby Rhinosucks » Sun May 28, 2017 3:35 pm

JR11 wrote:Ah, so in that case you didn't just have sutures - you had a cephalic trim, which means he took some of your tip cartilage away. That makes things different.

All doctors have unhappy patients out there. They seem to go through cycles where they have more vocal patients on the internet. I would try to cut through the noise and find a surgeon who has the skill set necessary to give you the result you want, rather than finding a surgeon who appears to have no negative reviews.

What I would say about Davis is that at least he doesn't silence his patients online.


yes he tok so of it away, he took away 5 mm, there are 10mm left, double folded....does that mean my tip can be rebuilt?
do you know if rib or ear are better for tip to fill in and do you know if it will be natural if it comes down or will forever be a stiff tip nose?
Rhinosucks
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:52 pm



Re: tip graft

Postby libutti » Sun May 28, 2017 4:13 pm

Rhinosucks wrote:
JR11 wrote:Ah, so in that case you didn't just have sutures - you had a cephalic trim, which means he took some of your tip cartilage away. That makes things different.

All doctors have unhappy patients out there. They seem to go through cycles where they have more vocal patients on the internet. I would try to cut through the noise and find a surgeon who has the skill set necessary to give you the result you want, rather than finding a surgeon who appears to have no negative reviews.

What I would say about Davis is that at least he doesn't silence his patients online.


yes he tok so of it away, he took away 5 mm, there are 10mm left, double folded....does that mean my tip can be rebuilt?
do you know if rib or ear are better for tip to fill in and do you know if it will be natural if it comes down or will forever be a stiff tip nose?

Dear Rhinosucks,
pay close attention to the Dr. davis, because this doctor has the habit of erasing its negative reviews. It is no coincidence that the REALSELF site in this period has deleted a negative review of a patient, which he showed also the photos of the result obtained.
libutti
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:27 am



Re: tip graft

Postby JR11 » Tue May 30, 2017 12:57 pm

Rhinosucks wrote:yes he tok so of it away, he took away 5 mm, there are 10mm left, double folded....does that mean my tip can be rebuilt?
do you know if rib or ear are better for tip to fill in and do you know if it will be natural if it comes down or will forever be a stiff tip nose?


Ok, so in that case it sounds like you might need some grafting to restore what was removed. I dont know which material is best for the tip. My tip is built using septum and it feels very hard, but it looks natural.

If you look on RealSelf you will see that Davis's negative reviews are not deleted. The only review that got deleted was from a patient who stalked the doctor, his family and sent him death threats. I think it was pretty reasonable for the review to be removed since it is now part of a criminal case.
JR11
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:03 pm



Re: tip graft

Postby Rhinosucks » Tue May 30, 2017 4:45 pm

JR11 wrote:
Rhinosucks wrote:yes he tok so of it away, he took away 5 mm, there are 10mm left, double folded....does that mean my tip can be rebuilt?
do you know if rib or ear are better for tip to fill in and do you know if it will be natural if it comes down or will forever be a stiff tip nose?


Ok, so in that case it sounds like you might need some grafting to restore what was removed. I dont know which material is best for the tip. My tip is built using septum and it feels very hard, but it looks natural.

If you look on RealSelf you will see that Davis's negative reviews are not deleted. The only review that got deleted was from a patient who stalked the doctor, his family and sent him death threats. I think it was pretty reasonable for the review to be removed since it is now part of a criminal case.



yes i saw that post and his threats and back and forth with another patient. Unacceptable.
JR11 did you have a revision? with whom? Septum is hard too? i am fine with hard tip---have one now with this horrific tip graft..i just want my length and my tip back and my profile back...i dont know what he did but it doesn't suit my face. had he asked me what I wanted for my face we probably could have built a beautiful nose had I wanted rhino...
also other then who ddi you revision? are you happy with your results? was your goal to have better outcome from revision or like - get closer to your natural nose?
was your tip sutured? and you brought it down and grafting gave you what you needed???
sorry have 5 million questions!
Rhinosucks
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:52 pm



Re: tip graft

Postby JR11 » Wed May 31, 2017 12:17 am

My tip wasn't sutured - it just had a whole load of cartilage removed from it, and my nose was tiny and way too small for my face. Davis did my revision. He built my tip up nicely - it no longer looks pinched. I probably didn't get as much extra length as I wanted, and Davis has offered to try to add more length, although I am not sure I am going to have any more surgery. My nose is better than my original rhinoplasty and is better than my birth nose, so I am tempted to quit whilst I am ahead.
JR11
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:03 pm



Re: tip graft

Postby Rhinosucks » Wed May 31, 2017 10:11 am

JR11 wrote:My tip wasn't sutured - it just had a whole load of cartilage removed from it, and my nose was tiny and way too small for my face. Davis did my revision. He built my tip up nicely - it no longer looks pinched. I probably didn't get as much extra length as I wanted, and Davis has offered to try to add more length, although I am not sure I am going to have any more surgery. My nose is better than my original rhinoplasty and is better than my birth nose, so I am tempted to quit whilst I am ahead.


I need my tip derotated and then sutures released and my tip recreated (but my primary said will never be my original nose and 'be careful what you wish for') to get to my origin a tip and he said "none is happy with their revision, last thing you want is a rib nose". well very very true..but since he performed plastic surgery with no consent to do anything to my length or tip, and never told to touch my bridge or break and narrow my nose.... what option do I have?
i would love to be able to say "better then primary and better then natural!"
I liked my nose, just want to go back to i.
when you say he didn't get length..did he try and couldn't? did he use rib grafts?.... I need my face restored somehow. I ned length and a recreated tip. just wondering...
Rhinosucks
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:52 pm



Re: tip graft

Postby JR11 » Wed May 31, 2017 1:39 pm

He tried to create length but it just didn't heal with as much extra length as we both wanted. However, it is an improvement so I am happy. He managed to do it all using septum, because I really didn't want him to use my rib. I guess that is the difficulty doctors face - they are not sculpting our noses from clay, where they have absolute control of the shape they make. They can only do their best, and the rest is down to how our bodies heal.
JR11
 
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:03 pm



Re: tip graft

Postby Rhinosucks » Wed May 31, 2017 3:52 pm

JR11 wrote:He tried to create length but it just didn't heal with as much extra length as we both wanted. However, it is an improvement so I am happy. He managed to do it all using septum, because I really didn't want him to use my rib. I guess that is the difficulty doctors face - they are not sculpting our noses from clay, where they have absolute control of the shape they make. They can only do their best, and the rest is down to how our bodies heal.


No but wish they could, since they can so easily cut it away. My tip was destroyed.I want it back and Am terrified, it was very bulbous so I dont need it as much,but if i can same version of it I will be over the moon. I need rib, I dont have septum. i need a lot of length. I hope rib is more predictable sturdy, but hear its not....i just want my face back...i know its gone-not there yet though, haven't faced it. I avoid mirrors. I haven left house. its just been a miserable mess.
Rhinosucks
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:52 pm



Products That Customers Interested in This Topic Are Buying



Return to Nose Surgery, Nose Job, Rhinoplasty

 

Featured Specialists











 
//test