This is my first thread on this forum, so it'll contain 10 golden tips for how to get rid of dry skin on face.
Here I tell you about the most common mistakes you’re probably doing in a daily basis, and proven tips/tricks that I had personally been following in order to get rid of dry skin.
1. Stop washing your face too often, it causes dryness, irritation, and dehydration. Not only this, it also incites sebacious glands to drive more sebum (It is not really fine, especially if there are closed follycles, you’ll have acne
, and your skin will be oily and dehydrated at the same time). Instead, washing your face once in the morning and once at night before going to bed is appropriate, and you can wash it afternoon if you see more sebum.
2. Avoid washing your face with harsh soaps containing fragrances or alcohol, or products that contain chemical ingredients like above.
3. Avoid long hot showers, they strip off natural moisture not only from your face, but your whole body (Probably it happens to you sometimes when you finish a shower, and you notice that your body becomes more tight). It is advisable to use mild/luckewarm water when you take a shower.
4. The towel you use to wipe your body and face after shower/face washing is so important, avoid using coarse towel which may crash your skin.
5. Use a pure oil/Moisturizer
after having shower, or after using a product like a cleanser
or a toner (Try to pick up an alcohol-free toner because it causes dryness, or at least try to compensate the moisture after applying the toner)
is a must! You should apply a sunscreen in your daily routine, because UVB radiation is the first enemy of your skin.
7. In winter, the probability for your skin to be dry is high! Use a humidifier in your bedroom, and use a humectant moisturizer outdoor to prevent dehydration.
8. Drink more water, although this factor doesn’t have the huge impact (Probably you’ll see no difference) But it stills to be an effective way to hydrate your entire body.
9. If your skin is combination, you should avoid washing the dry areas on the face, and this works by only applying the product or the water to the other areas.
10. Be patient and track your results! Don’t rush in order to overcome the problem, let the process be more natural, and give the time. If you see some changes, it is a good indicator that you’re in the right way! If nothing happens (And I’m sure if you put the information into action, you’ll see wonderful results that you deserve), you have to change what you’re using, and you win a priceless experience in this case.